Chapter Twenty-Four

Cole Black's Point of View

It's been a couple of months and now it is currently the 23rd of November, a Saturday. We still had three weeks left until the Yule holidays and I am excited to go back to Slytherin Manor with Kaelie and Emrys for it. 

During the holiday we've made plans to go see the Malfoy's, do some shopping, explore, visit Gringotts, and make some plans with Rita which will bring about Dumbledore's downfall. 

During this time, Dumbledore has been keeping a Hawkish eye on me, it's been incredibly creepy and disturbing but I've had the pleasure of having the Weasley twins as some of my best friends. Last week they were able to get into Dumbledore's office with my ability of being allowed to reject or give access to anyone around the whole area. 

The old fool's office ended up being redecorated dramatically with Slytherin colours, and whenever he went to touch someone it would stick to him for the next four hours. He ended up gliding into the Great Hall one evening his butt stuck to his chair and his hands covered in lemon sherbets. It was probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in my life. 

Currently I was with Fred and George in the kitchens helping some of the House Elves with making the signature dessert for tonight, treacle tart. 

"So Cole, what are your plans for Yule?" Fred asks as he pours in the correct measurements needed for the second batch of mixture. 

"Kaelie, Emrys and I have a few plans but other than that, we are just going to be chilling and spending time with each other. How about you two?"

"Well that's the thing we don't want to go back"

"Last time we were home we found out our 'mother' was feeding us compulsion potions."

"Guys that is awful, did you want to stay with me and the others than? The manor has another 2 or 4 empty bedrooms. Also think about it but when we go to Gringott's you guys can take an inheritance test and get emancipated." I saw their faces fill with a sparkling hope and I knew I made the right decision to trust them. They were so mischievous but so pure and full of energy, how could anyone not like them. 

A few pops were heard as the elves came into the kitchens and back out again busy with their own tasks to complete. Soon we saw one of the newly appointed Head house elves come up to us with a letter in hand.

"Hello Master Cole, Mister Fred and Mister George. Jungle has a letter for Cole from the crack-headed Headmaster. Shall Jungle be disposing of it?" I saw the letter with the familiar cursive handwriting and dismissed it with a wave of my hand. 

"If the headmaster wishes an audience with myself and others than he shall notify me personally, face to face. Though we have no business with one another so I can't see why he has the need to speak to me especially just before dinner." Jungle nodded and with a snap of his fingers the letter went up into flames and turned to ashes. 

It wasn't the first time I had gotten a letter from the headmaster asking to speak privately with me, nor should I think it will be the last time. The last time I opened one I was immediately hit with a variety of compulsion charms which deflected because of the bracelet I got from Draco, but almost gave him a heart attack after my bracelet sent off alarms to him notifying trouble.

"Thank you Sirs for your help tonight, we can't thank you three enough!" Jungle said after we had finished preparing the desserts. We ended up getting big hugs from him and a few other elves. Some were still very reluctant and shy, but they were slowly opening up, showing more energy and passion and ultimately living a much better life now. It was truly heartwarming to see. 

Heading out of the kitchens, Fred, George and I soon went our separate ways to clean up before dinner, we still had an hour until we were to be expected down in the Great Hall. Heading down to the Slytherin common room I passed a few younger students who smiled at me. I don't really know when it started but more students from different houses have been associating with one another. It made me really happy to see that, no one should be judged for who they are, or who they are perceived to be. 

I headed straight for my shower leaving black dress pants, a pair of briefs, and a white and blue button up shirt on the bench next to the sink in my bathroom. While having my shower I started humming this random song I heard on the Telly when I was still with those magic hating muggles. 

"Have you ever stared into the rain 

Thought the clouds would never disappear 

Have you ever screamed out into the dark 

Thinking no one else could hear 

 I was leaving footprints tainted by my past 

On this winding road to you"

It was a really beautiful song although I never figured out who it was. It just reminded me of so many things that had happened before I truly discovered everything. 

"I'd lost my faith in love 

Tonight I believe again 

My Heart was a broken place 

Now I feel whole again 

You bring me honesty 

And that's worth believing inand I believeI believe again"

A few minutes later I was dressed and walking out of my bathroom still towel drying my hair to see a gobsmacked Draco and a head shaking Emrys. 

"What, is there something on my face?" I ask stopping in my tracks and Emrys just chuckled.

"No, nothing is wrong with your face. It's Draco, he's never heard you sing before."

"Oh, heheh" I chuckle and sit next to Draco who still was in a little shock

"Are you alright Dray?" I ask ruffling his blonde hair causing him to snap out of his stupor and swat my hands away. 

"I am fine but you never told me you could sing, or how beautiful it was?!" Dray exclaimed and I shrugged.

"You never asked, and besides I never knew either until a month or two ago" Draco shook his head and I kissed his cheek before pulling him into the never ending closet to pick out what he was going to wear for dinner.