Chapter 25 | playing with conflagration

Floor-to-ceiling glass wall coated with a little layer of wood separated the living room from the dining.

Not just that; a matching set of six red sofas with black cushions flanked a rectangular shiny brown table that sat on a white squared rug over gloss tiled flooring.

Magnificent, one word to describe the furniture laid out in front of me, dabbing, 'the Horton's,' living room into a whole new look; little Paradise.

With the upcoming friendly dinner, certain sections of the Horton's mansion went through a redo yesterday.

The boys weren't planning to spare their fun because of that.

Today, happened to be Liam and Leonard's boy's dance challenge; Just Dance It.

Their eyes didn't budge from the tv which was mounted on the cream-white polished wall as they did their best to mimic the moves of the on-screen dancers.

Liam invited me to come and cheer him up during his dance battle with Leonard the moment breakfast got dealt with.

Due to his charming smile; it became a yes giveaway.

Gosh!

The kid had charms in those his puppy eyes and fluffy cheeks.

It stroked three by the clock and my lips sipped from my third cup of coffee; quite a small number if considering my original target.

Nine cups of coffee, no! Six, five; the caffeine dose just backfired.

Its strong roasted grains scent filled my nostrils.

My husband didn't come home last night due to a lot of paperwork and thank goodness, the chaos at the hospital yesterday was dealt with appropriately.

I had improvised; lady issues quite suck, so my trick played nicely on Jana and Mr. XY, even though I exaggerated a little about my menstrual cramps.

Holding onto a mug with one hand and caressing the nerves on my forehead, I couldn't stop shifting my thinking to last night's encounter with my, 'duplicate, ' kinda weird; but that was all my brain thought of.

Maybe I was too fast to judge Elizabeth.

She wasn't all wrong when she spoke about my reason for marrying Dwain.

I'd sacrificed my happiness to make others happy.

I didn't even know Dwain's intention.

Placing my mug on the coffee table and pulling a little blanket over my exposed legs, I ignored the ongoing battle between the boys.

It wasn't alarming to know what Dwain was up to, but still, what he did to Elizabeth wasn't what I expected; sexual abuse and a forceful wedding, using Loren's health condition to blackmail.

He had the god's to pour all the blame on her whereas he was a cheater from day one.

He couldn't keep his merchandise in his pants and let beautiful women pass by without him interrupting their lives and spoiling them.

It's like he found pleasure in inflicting pain on the female race.

How would the woman he was planning to give his ring to feel now with all this fiasco?

No!

I couldn't think of her. . . she was not my business, plus Dwain hadn't mentioned her yet and he shouldn't.

She might show up someday or Dwain might still be seeing her since all this marriage was based on revenge and business, but why did I even care?

I needed to stop thinking about this issue.