Chapter 48 | dealing with hardships

Stephen's bright eyes sealed mine.

The white whip in his hand stuffed my breath.

Dark clouds swarmed his verdicts as he clenched his cheeks.

His shirt buttons were out.

The grey fabric flew above his tracksuit pant and crashed on his furious chest.

Felicia had told him a lie.

I scratched my neck, shifted my gaze around the room, and marched backward, but the icy wall ambushed me.

Stephen hurriedly stepped in my way.

"Daddy, please, accord me one last chance to explain what happened."

He didn't listen to me.

He whirled the cane and smacked the void between us.

Its loose threads spread and trapped me in fear like a spider's web.

His aura of supremacy surged across the room and feasted on my ham-fisted strength.

His mind was made up and shit went down.

Despite my sick state on that cold Sunday night three years ago, he beat the hell out of me.

Scorpions crept on my skin at a snail's pace as the incident traversed my mind.

"Be quiet."

He raised the whip and lashed my arms.

It stung like a wasp bite and peeled a pound of my flesh.

I wailed and rubbed the burn.

He jerked the whip in rage and scarred my hands. "How dare you insult my wife? Where did you get such boldness from? You even had the nerve to skip today's sermon and lay in bed like Christ didn't matter to you."

He strapped my hands, yanked my pigtail, and threw me on the tiles.

"I didn't insult her. Please, believe me, Daddy she made this up," I coughed and froth spilled on his white canvas.

He ignored the bruises on my face and whipped me.

I crossed my arms over my shoulders and hid my breast.

Tears crowded my vision. "Somebody help me, please."

He crisscrossed my limbs with the whip and marked my back.

I wept.

"Stephen, stop trashing her for Christ's sake," Evelyn rushed into the room and stood in between Dad and me. "If you want to kill her, then you will have to kill me first. Can't you see how miserable the girl is?"

"Holy-Santa-delis! How dare you flog her breast? You should have died at birth you big-fat, good-for-nothing, horrible-dick-head, smelling-dirty-pig. Go hide your face in a pit; I hope your balls clap on a rack and you rot in the hades. "

Her venom stroked his ego and he roared. "Evelyn, get out of my way before I do something histrionic and later on regret. Ellis is my daughter, not yours, so allow me to correct her like a father ought to do. You have no right to lecture me on how to tutor my daughter; besides you can't even handle your drug addiction."

"Go away, and leave her alone. She isn't a slave to you. Is this how granny brought you up? Have you forgotten the promise you made on her tomb? She will be ashamed of you. You are a waste of sperm. I don't know why you weren't flushed down the drain alongside poop."