Chapter 28 | drawing many conclusions

"She has nothing, in short, to recommend her, but being an excellent walker. I shall never forget her appearance this morning. She looked almost wild. . ."

Oh! goodness!

Mrs. Hurst, shut up and hold that filthy mouth of yours.

It was the beginning of a new week, in a new month and the characters in Pride and Prejudice were making me grow mad, but for Bennett.

Mrs. Hurst, Miss. Bingley, and above all; Mr. Darcy who assessed Elizabeth Bennet to be tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt him.

He refused to dance with any lady with whom he wasn't acquainted at the ball and his character was decided even before the end of the night.

Only a couple of chapters back before chapter eight, Mr. Bingley's company seemed to be nice people except Mr. Darcy, for he was discovered to be proud; to be above his company, and above being pleased. . . the guy sucked like Dwain, giving ridiculous opinions here and there.

These women didn't understand how a family member's health could make someone walk long distances, not caring for the dust and dirt settling on his or her dress.

Yet, they smiled at Lizzy and ridiculed her when she was out of sight.

Tired of hypocrites who held pride in their prejudice, I pushed the book out of my sight and rubbed my poor nerves which got tense in most chapters.

I felt the pain of Mrs. Bennet when she cried about her poor nerves.

Dwain left this morning with Leonard to attend a board meeting and get things set for our honeymoon; one which Tasha didn't raise a finger in protest.

Most Hortons, myself excluded, worked like bees during the weekend preparing for today's event.

My stitches got removed too and walking again on my own dazzled me.

I spent the rest of the weekend in bed, buried in books and coffee.

Jana received instructions from Dwain to get me a mobile phone and she also contacted a fashion designer to craft an outfit for today's event.

By three this afternoon we had to go collect it with Brielle since Jana got work to do with Dwain.

Getting to Elizabeth during the weekend stood impossible since Megan didn't pick up my calls, so I left her a voice message.

One thing bugged my mind the whole weekend; the ring and lady.

My feet were positioned next to the famous drawer and no matter how hard my heart pounded; my hands pushed past my legs and pulled them open.

I resisted doing so the whole weekend but the temptation snatched me today like a storm, behold, my eyes stocked on a pile of files, no sight of the black box nor pictures, all was gone, but for a brown envelope that dropped to the floor from one of the files

Scouting on a knee, I held the envelope in between my fingers and tore its sticky tip open.

The black and white sonogram pictures in transparent plastic left my mouth gaping.

Suddenly, the door slammed open, accompanied by a familiar voice and my heart scampered.

"Mrs. Horton, I meant to say, Lisa, where did you get those sonogram pictures from?" Camilla asked with worried eyes and strode towards me, her steps hastened. "Mr. Horton won't be pleased with you looting his things and worst of all these pictures."