Chapter 41 | the unanticipated session

"Wait, not so fast."

I placed a hand on Dwain's chest and stopped him from walking out of the kitchen.

"You haven't told me what you came to look for in here. Don't tell me, that you followed me all this time, it won't make sense. Apart from playing with my sanity, you didn't do any other thing. . ."

"Lisa, can you stop talking and breathe?"

He pinned my mouth with his fingers and made breathing gestures with his free hand.

"Since when did you become a perpetual talkative? I must admit that your use of words and body language has changed so suddenly. But, guess what? Your thoughtful brain is more appreciated and your enriched vocabulary is spectacular."

I nudged his chest with my fingers.

"Is that an insult? It's like you forgot that the person you are insulting is right in front of you, Mr. Horton."

"Hey, I was just saying that I like your new mannerisms and vocabulary more as compared to, you know, some few months back when your. . . I don't think it's worth mentioning now that you have embraced change. Don't get me wrong, I'm complimenting you and I think I should spend money on buying you more storybooks so that you keep raising that vocabulary."

"Good try, but that's not the answer to my first question."

"Come here, " he pulled me into his arms and placed his head on my shoulder. " I needed a glass of water but then, you walked into me remember?"

"No, you did."

I rushed out of his embrace.

"Let's let you win, anyway, I'm no longer thirsty for water. " He held my hand and pulled me towards the dining, "they shouldn't think any weird thing about our absence."

We retired to the living room on time before anyone could get suspicious of our whereabouts even though Brielle cocked a semi-shy, semi-funny brow at me before mounting the coffee table and calling on everyone's attention with her brand-new microphone.

Mercy on my soul, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Brielle clasped an enormous black hairbrush to her mouth while Leonard climbed on a stool to reach her height.

He steadied a blue piece of paper in one of his hands for Brielle to read while his other hand held a hairdryer close to Brielle's hair which created a funny wind effect on her hair and her face as she spoke.

I couldn't stop picturing her as one of those witches from Disney land.

My lungs hurt watching Brielle's hair fly to the ceiling.

Before she could ever clear her throat from her far-fetched accent and start reading in a normal tune, her ugly British accent threw everyone across the room on their knees, and they begged for a fun relieving drug.

Her accent could be associated best with the sound a loose cord of a broken guitar would play before an audience.

"Now comes family game night and we got to shake some ass. Which game has no rules? Well, none I can think of... All the games will be played and the scores shall be recorded on the various score sheets at the end, the top three people with the lowest score will be in trouble. There are a bunch of penalties for the losers, best of luck to you all. Can this get the game night started?!"

"Yes!"

The first game which opened game night was, 'Puddle Jumper, ' with a little twist of rules and a penalty to any losers.