Chapter 29 | second messy impressions

Thirty-five minutes past three by my watch when Orlando, the guy whom Dwain appointed for my security dropped Brielle and me by Victoria's Elegant Design.

I teased him with his pseudonym,' Mr. XY, ' during our drive from Madison's Beauty Parlour, but he didn't chuckle.

Our appointment with Victoria was scheduled for three on the dot but Brielle insisted on getting our nails and hair done in the best beauty parlor in Brussels.

My new look wasn't bad anyway.

The fake eyelashes, polished nails, and extensions in my hair hit differently.

Even though Victoria's design didn't feature as one of the top ten mind-blowing fashion houses, their creations were beautiful and they were the only fashion house willing to craft an outfit within a Forty-eight-hour deadline.

"Hi girls, I'm Gwen, Victoria's assistant." A lady in a purple gown and short hair snapped me out of my thoughts. "Victoria isn't around due to an urgent delivery but the outfit we promised for tonight is ready. This way please."

I stood on my feet, and so did Brielle, and grabbed my pouch from the cream-white couch in the waiting room.

Tiptoeing behind Gwen, and not sparing a glance at the elegant designs which fitted mannequins to perfection was impossible.

"Wow, " I gasped as we made an entry into the viewing suite and my eyes shifted to the single outfit in the room.

It stood on an elevated platform, nailing all the curves of a headless mannequin.

"That's a masterpiece there," I mumbled and blinked more than once.

"I'm glad the piece impressed you, " Gwen squeezed my elbow and clapped her hands, alerting some guys to dismantle the dress from the stand. "Why not put it on first, then you can thank, Miss. Brielle."

Gwen exchanged an amused look with Brielle and they both cackled.

My mouth dropped, what had Brielle got to do with this?

I rolled my eyes at a giggling Brielle; throwing a questioning gaze at her.

"Long story but I'm going to tell you once you have worn the gown." She bit her lips and stopped a smile from tearing her mouth apart. "Hey, it's fine, don't give me that look, please."

Twenty-five minutes later, dressed in a stunning Tulle Halter neckline silver-like floor-length sleeveless mermaid evening gown with embroidery and scattered glittering pearls; two girls supported me on the five inches of black heels that went with it.

It hugged all my curves but tightened my abdomen and hitched my breathing.

"Miss World is that you?" Brielle screamed the moment she caught sight of me making my entry on the runway. "There isn't any doubt, Elizabeth. You were born for this. You were born to wear this particular gown."

Moisture stunned my eyelids as she hastened her steps and embraced me, holding me in a tight hug.

"Elizabeth, don't shed tears yet. You don't want to spoil your makeup, do you?"

She released me from the hug and cuddled my cheeks in her palms.

Brielle was happy for me.

She didn't know that all this was a lie, a public show which will be finished in six months.

I lied to her about my feeling for Dwain and seeing her this joyful, pained my heart.

"Is there any problem with the dress? We can do a quick fix if it's not a super complicated problem." Gwen interrupted our little discussion.