Chapter 03 | valentine's day wish

Megan half-walked and half-ran out of the house.

Her tight fabric exposed her gorgeous assets, yet she brushed the scandal off and toed her embarrassment out of the house.

I sighed and journeyed to my room.

Goodness, the spoiled diva had gone.

She has always been a nightmare.

I strode to the bathroom and did my morning routine.

The bathroom was a sure passport to entertainment; a place I won't miss for anything in the world.

The only place that tolerated croaked voices and off-pitch lyrics.

I stepped out of the bathroom, dried my hair, and rushed to my closet.

I rummaged through my outfits, settling on a pink flowery gown that ended at knee length, and a black leather coat to go with panda fur sandals.

The charm of Valentine's Day couldn't pass me by.

I would rather spend time at the park than sit at home and get assaulted by Megan's silliness.

I applied a sparkling lip gloss, tucked my star-shaped earrings, and let my thick brown hair cascade to my back.

I was good to go and nobody could stop me, not even her, Megan Blien, the cherished princess.

THE STREETS WERE COLD and bright from the downpour that drenched the town earlier this chilly morning.

The month of February came with its stakes of snowfall, but this year the flakes didn't show up.

So, no lovely snowball men for couples this year.

I ambled past a garden and halted to catch a couple making out on the grass lawns.

They cuddled, caressed, and smiled at each other like there wasn't tomorrow.

It was comedic to fall into the hands of dependence, screwing the fact that; love would jump through the back door someday.

They were in love, but how long would love last?

Shouldn't it be termed as stupid to hold onto a stranger?

One day this stranger might flee, then that little heart he left behind will shatter into pieces and bleed to ashes.

Boys were all the same, from the high school sweethearts to the college golden-age playboys and most older men, the sugar daddies; they sucked.

Love, the tyrant, the lady with ugly piercings, a fatal abomination, the tattooed beast; she wasn't a role model to any aspiring medical doctor.

Though it made a lot of sense to stay single, I still couldn't help myself from thinking about having a boyfriend.

"I wish I had a boyfriend," my lips curved into a little smile, but I was quick to push such thoughts to the back of my head, down the dirty webs of forgetfulness, hoping they last for eternity in the trenches.

Head high up and shoulders squared; my focus flew onto the street and I admired the glamours of nature.

"Get off my way, are you blind?"

I stumbled out of my trance and stared at the Lady whose scream pushed me out of my thoughts.

My Gosh!

Her charm shined in one glow but for the scowl on her lips.

Her diamond earrings sparkled like refined wine, complementing the scattered emerald stones on her gorgeous cream-white handles wedding gown.

Her bridal bun was very beautiful and her makeup raked off money.

"I'm-I'm sorry. . ."

I bit my lower lip and cast my stare at the floor.

Shit!

Her veil, accompanied by a bouquet of colored petals, crashed at my feet.

Did she just drop her bouquet?

I blinked a million times at her actions.

In the next second, she ran across the street and slid into the backseat of a cab, which rode away in no time.

One word, 'splendid,' for this year's Valentine's Day; a lady running from her wedding.

It didn't concern me, so,
I grabbed the bouquet and inhaled its heavenly scent.

It clouded my senses with lavender and sandalwood.

I was caught off-guard by a subtle squeeze on my shoulders. "I know it's a hard decision for you to get married at a young age. But you have to marry for the well-being of our family."

"I beg your pardon?" I locked eyes with a woman in her late forties. "Is this supposed to be a joke?"

Her blue eyes stared deeply into mine as she placed her hands on my cheeks and caressed my face. "Elisabeth, you can't ruin this wedding."

"What? Who is Elizabeth?!"