Chapter Three

Chapter Three (Alexander)

I did not want to be here.

I hated myself for being so rude about it, but I was tired of playing the nice guy. It obviously was not getting me anywhere in life. At least, no where safe and comfortable. Instead, I ended up battling evil rebel and my own love interest.

And said love interest was acting as if our kiss or his past never happened. He just stood in the ridiculously eleborate suite, still wearing his casual business attire instead of changing into something more comfortable, which is what I had done. I wasn't trying to impress anyone anymore, so I stuck to a loose Concordia long sleeve shirt and loose baggy pajama pants.

"What did you think of the city? I remember you visiting once when you were much younger with your parents, am I right?" Vladimir asked casually as he spread out what looked like just business and work files out on one of the glass desks, his eyes watching them for a moment before he looked up with a light smile.

"I vaguely remember things... And it's beautiful, as usual." I responded cautiously. I wasn't going to let Vladimir bait me into anything. I didn't want to end up accidentally flirting with him, or accepting his attempts. Or any attempts to be nice to me.

I'm not sure what exactly made me more angry about Vladimir.

The fact that he wasn't totally honest, even though he claimed to be. The fact that he seemed to hold no guilt for any of his wrongdoings. The fact that he didn't kill Newell as he had originally promised.

It could be any number of things, but right now, I was annoyed at having to share a room with him. I considered pretending to fall asleep in Mark or Slade's room, but I'd be a third wheel and ruin their vacation plans. Not to mention, I didn't want to make this out to be a big deal.

I was just here to get away, and then hurry back to Amber and Mary-Kay for the last week of my winter vacation before I had to return to school.

"How's school going? Are you doing well in your studies?" Vladimir asked as he took a seat, folding one leg over the other as he wrote something on one of the many papers on his desk before lifting his eyes. I stared at him for a moment, then frowned.

"Just fine." I replied shortly. Vladimir cocked his head, the corner of his lips lifting in a little smile.

"You're giving me short responses. What happened to eleborating on your college adventures?" He asked curiously, making me frown now. That was another thing that annoyed me, and yet, another thing that shamefully turned me on. Vladimir was smart. No, not just smart, intelligent.

He was powerful, intelligent, elegant, proper, and charismatic.

He was everything I wanted in a partner, and I hated myself for falling head over heels for him.

"I'm tired. I want to sleep." I told him flatly as I closed the book that I had been pretending to read, placing it on the nightstand beside my bed. Vladimir hummed a bit, turning in his seat to his work.

"Pity. We'll talk more once you get some rest... Goodnight, Alexander." I just kept my eyes closed, debating whether to actually fall asleep or not. I was tired from the trip. My body was sore from sitting and my stomach still churned a bit, making me wonder if I was the same with planes as Storm was. At the same time, I was afraid of falling asleep in a room alone with Vladimir.

I'm not sure why. I knew he wouldn't do anything to me. I suppose it was just irrational fear. I hadn't shared a room with someone before. Even when it came to hotels, I was too uncomfortable.

So I laid there for a while and before I knew it, I was falling head first into a deep sleep and a creepy nightmare.

I was in the hotel room, but Vladimir was nowhere to be found. I frowned and slowly slid to my feet, approaching one of the doors, opening it to see a walk-in closet with the lights turned off. But... Something was in the room, making a weird creaking noise. I felt a chill course up my spine as I nibbled my lower lip. I didn't want to turn the lights on, but my hand had a mind of its own as it flicked the switch on.