Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two (Alexander)

It was extremely difficult trying to convince the hotel staff not to call the police on us for our bloody, torn clothes. Vladimir spent a good amount negotiating with them before offering them some extra cash before we retreated to our torn apart rooms.

There was no way we were going to stay here much longer. We just had a couple more things to do before we left.

We dropped Luca and Vincent off at the police station, prepared with a story to explain the fire out in the country and how it was related to them. It didn't take long for the authorities to show up at the burnt down farmhouse and the news to be broadcasting it live on the flat screen in our hotel room.

I stood in front of it, watching the camera flick back and forth while the fire department fought the out of control flames that threatened the crops around the land. They were talking far too quickly in Italian, so I hardly caught anything, except the mention of the Moretti family. A cold chill went up my spine and I finally looked away, shutting my eyes and taking a deep breath as I dried off my hair with a towel. I lowered it to dab at the water on my chest when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

I looked up to see Vladimir standing directly behind me, his lips dangerously close to my throat before he backed off from it, looking at me innocently. I smiled tiredly and let him kiss me on the forehead instead before he backed away.

He was dressed in a fine pair of black slacks and a button up shirt. He also shaved, so his jaw looked smooth and soft. It looked as if he'd never been tortured or just fought a terrorist group.

I turned, dropping the towel on a nearby chair as I pulled up one of my loose black shirts with a low cut collar. I glanced at my suit case that was all packed and ready to go once we got back. I turned to Vladimir, who just finished zipping his suitcase before he sighed, turning to me. He gave me a light smile, which I returned.

"Do you plan to finish college?" He asked after a while. I blinked. I had almost completely forgotten the fact that I had a life beyond all of this mess. I hesitated. It meant I wouldn't be able to be with Vladimir all the time. I wouldn't live with him or spend all of my time with him... At the same time, it was my dream.

I'd always wanted to go to college. I loved it, no matter how much homework I had piled up. My parents never wanted me to go to college. I was supposed to get married and feed off their fame and fortune, but that wasn't who I was.

I was Alexander Lee Grey. A student at Concordia University in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I was born to Vanessa and Kornelius Grey with my older sister, Amber Marie Grey.

"Yeah," I said at last, making Vladimir give a short nod, "But that doesn't mean we can't be together. I'll come over on weekends. Every weekend." Vladimir looked relieved before he came over to cup my cheeks. I savored the warmth of his hands, reaching up to cover his with mine, closing my eyes as I felt his lips press against mine.

"I'll be checking up on you during the week." He murmured. I opened my eyes to look up at me, smiling comfortably.

"Good." I agreed. Vladimir grinned suddenly, making me raise an eyebrow as I looked at him.

"What's that for?" I asked. He kept smiling for a while. A smile that meant he was thinking about something mischevious before he kissed me, nuzzling his nose against mine before stepping back.

"I was just thinking how pretty you'd be in a wedding dress." He answered honestly. I blushed, hard, feeling the heat creep up my neck to my cheeks as he went back to finishing his packing.

"I'm a guy. I'm not wearing a dress." I scolded, making Vladimir push out his lower lip in a pout.

"That's too bad. I had a really pretty one in mind."