Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen (Vladimir)

I knew what they wanted before they even spoke.

I knew before they nailed my feet to the ground, my blood gurgling free from my feet and pooling around my toes. The pain exploded up and down my legs and it was only worse as I placed my hands on the arm rests of the chair. They hammered nails hard into the backs of my hands, pinning them to the arm rests. Blood bubbled up and dribbled down the sides of my chair.

I didn't flinch, however.

Merely sat there and watched as Ollie studied me with a frown. I'd recognized him the moment I saw him. His blonde hair and blue eyes reminded me of his mother's. He was the eldest son to the Regetti clan; a lesser halfblood clan that had originally served under the Drakons before they were wiped out. He had only been twelve the last I saw of him and now he was older, and stronger.

And more violent, I thought, cocking a brow. Ollie caught the expression and narrowed his eyes as he leaned forward.

"You will tell us everything, Vladimir. Everything we want to know if you want your precious underlings to survive." He sneered hatefully in my face. I locked eyes with him. He was no longer the spriteful child he'd once been. He was hateful and it could only be because of what I had done.

I took full responsibility for the slaughtering of the Regetti clan and their masters, the Drakon.

They'd voted against Elizabeth's proposal, so I had no choice, but to negotiate or kill them and death they chose by refusing to listen to our cause.

"I am telling you everything." I agreed coldly, tilting my head a little. Ollie's blue eyes snapped fire and he swung his hand around, backhanding me hard across the face. It was only a dull ache compared to the burning hot agony in my hands and feet. I just turned my head back calmly to stare at him.

"If you don't want to end up like your idiot counterpart, you'll do as I tell you." Ollie ordered, pushing his hands down on top of mine. Pain flared up my arms and made my chest tighten. I almost flinched, but caught myself as I lifted my head higher. My muscles were all tensed and hard, fighting the pain that ripped through me.

Beside me, Newell was in the same position as myself, but he was unconscious when I had arrived. He also had a blindfold over his eyes, and I assumed that I would too momentarily. Ollie glared at me harshly before pushing up off the chair, taking a few steps back.

"Our master told us of your power. Your unique telekinesis. The way you can make things explode without touching them, kill someone without so much as looking at them. The power derives from the darkness that you brought upon yourself. But what darkness? What did you do to gain those powers?"

And this was the hard part.

Explaining something I knew nothing about.

"I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you," I informed calmly, my eyes narrowed and held on Ollie, who stiffened, "As I have no idea where they came from. I went to bed one night and woke up to find that they'd taken root inside me."

"How?" Ollie demanded, putting a hand on his hip, his hard stare locked on me. I didn't break eye contact as I spoke.

"I don't know how."

"How did you know they'd taken form?"

"My wife was bleeding on the floor." I deadpanned, feeling the pang of pain in my chest. Ollie's eyes flickered and he smirked, putting a hand on his hip. He reached up with his other hand to run it through his hair before dropping both his arms to his sides.