Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen (Alexander)

The barn was huge inside with two levels. It wasn't full of the usual things barns contained, however. It was far more modernized on the inside. The floor above us was made entirely of glass, revealing an office of some sort, but the rows of desks were empty and the lights were off, save for a couple that were connected to the lights on the ground floor where we were at.

The ground floor was just one big room with one side that looked something like a photoshoot studio. Well, except for the dried blood that was splattered up against the white backdrop and on the cement block that sat at the center. A nearby table revealed several sharp, painful looking instruments and several video cameras sat around the area.

And unfortunately, that was the area Minerva was shoving me towards.

"What're you doing?" I demanded, wincing as her nails dug into my throat. I grimaced in disgust as she brought her face near mine, her breasts pressing up against my arm and her fingers running through my hair before she gripped it.

"Sweetheart, there's only one way to draw out the beast." She sneered, then shoved me forward, making me stumble and almost fall. The unknown man caught me and spun me around, wrapping the same wire around my wrists, but this time, he tied them so tightly that I could already feel the blood oozing from my skin. I hissed past clenched teeth in pain as he sat me down on the cement block.

I started to get up when he began to unbutton my shirt. He shoved me back down wordlessly, continuing the buttons carefully, his mismatched eyes staring at my chest intently. I jerked my head up to look past him to see Minerva directing the others to take a camera. She turned to the one beside her, turning it on before she went to a switch on the nearby wall. She hit it and lights flashed in my face, making me wince and look down to see the man now cutting my shirt off, having gotten fed up with the buttons.

I gritted my teeth as the cool air touched my bare skin, giving me goose bumps and making the hairs on my arms stand on end. He began to undo the buckle on my pants and panic swept through me. I brought my knee up into his nose, making him reel back sharply. Blood dribbled from his nostrils, making my fangs throb and stomach growl viciously. I watched the thick red blood run over his lips and down his chin, his expression placid the entire time as if I had hardly hurt him.

But I obviously pissed him off because he swung his hand around and backhanded me across the face, almost knocking me off the block before he caught me by my throat, steadying me again as I gasped for air. He let go and returned to undoing my pants. I ignored the blood dripping from the corner of my mouth, my jaw throbbing in pain, as I tried to shove him back again.

"Get off!" I ordered angrily. He hesitated, almost as if he were contemplating my order before he looked into my face. I stared at him, confused before I realized he had returned to undoing my pants. He started to tug them down and I squirmed, but he shoved me so I fell back off the cement block and smashed into the floor, gasping as my head struck the concrete below.

Stars flew across my vision as I blinked rapidly before realizing I was completely naked now. I closed my legs, hunching over to hide myself as the man tore me onto the block again. He stepped back as I glared at him past my hair, watching him toss my clothes aside before approaching Minerva. He cocked his head to her and she nodded as if understanding before she looked at me with a big smile that a little girl might wear if she saw a famous celebrity.

"This is just too cute," Minerva squealed after a moment before snatching the camera off the stand, coming close to shove it into my face, "You're so pure and soft!" I turned my head away from the camera, only to have the strange man come up behind me and force my face forward. I kept trying to pull away, but it was damn near impossible to move with him gripping a handful of my hair like that.