Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen (Alexander)

"Where are we going?"

My question was ignored for the billionth time as Ollie gripped me tightly by the elbow, practically dragging me with him through the warehouse that reeked strongly of thick amounts of blood. Xed followed close at my heels, frowning as Ollie just grumbled under his breath. I glanced out the corner of my eye quickly, scanning for any signs of Kristophe being at least alive, but he was gone from the lounge and so was Claude.

My stomach sank and it only got worse as Ollie shoved me into the elevator. Lack of blood and nutrition had me weakly slamming into the wall on the other side of the elevator before I fell to the floor, breathing hard as I gasped in pain, holding my shoulder. Ollie came in after me, grabbing me up by my arm, making me hiss past clenched teeth.

"Hit the number." Ollie barked at Xed, who just nodded his head once before hitting a button on the keypad. The elevator shifted before sinking downards, taking my stomach with it. I felt shaky and starved by now. My stomach twisted with sharp hunger pangs, making me cringe. I was thankful that we were leaving the bloody warehouse, but I had a strong feeling that Ollie was about to take me somewhere even worse.

"I am sick of that fucking bastard acting all high and mighty, both of them." Ollie added past clenched teeth. I past him a sour glare as his grip tightened on my arm.

"Then just let them go." I muttered, which only pissed Ollie off more as he slammed me hard into the wall. A gasp flew past my lips as Ollie pressed my head against the metal wall of the elevator, pain exploding into my skull and making my ears ring. Ollie's lips pressed against my ear, his fangs brushing them.

"Don't get smart with me, little shit, because you're in the last position to be doing so." He sneered hatefully, making me grimace. I didn't say anything now as he pulled me away from the wall just as the elevator came to a stop. The doors barely had time to slide open before Ollie barreled past them, dragging me by my shirt collar after him. I stumbled and tripped, watching as Xed came out of the elevator after us.

Up ahead at the secretary's desk, Kyle was shooting to his feet as Ollie walked right past his desk.

"Hey! You can't do anything without a keycard, idiot!" Kyle protested, fishing one out of a drawer in the desk before running after us. He was a little clumsy in the process, stumbling and almost falling on top of me twice before Ollie let go of me and made it to the door. He snatched the keycard from Kyle, making him flinch, before swiping it through the panel by the door. The door clicked and Ollie kicked it open.

Instantly my nostrils were infested with the smell of blood. My eyelids fluttered as my fangs pulsated in my gums, making my mouth hot and dry. I gasped at how strong and powerful the blood pierced my defenses, making my legs weak. Ollie didn't seem to care at all as he grabbed me by the arm and threw me in, walking in after me with Xed pretty much herding Kyle into the room with us.

"Ah, ah, wait! I don't wanna be here!" Kyle cried, looking horrified as he tried not to look at the scene at the center of the room. I wanted to cry out, but my mouth was so dry and my throat sandy. All I could do was stare at the sight of Vladimir Van Gothica seated in a wooden chair, his bare feet nailed to the concrete floor and hands nailed to the wooden arms. Despite his situation, his expression was completely placid.

Beside him, Newell was still in the same position, his blindfold firmly in place as he cocked his head back a little, blood dripping past his lips in a steady flow before he spat it out in my direction, making me wince as it landed dangerously close. My stomach screamed for me to ignore my dignity and drop to my knees to lick it up, but I mentally cursed myself into submission. I didn't want to move, just in case the smallest screw up made me lose control.