Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (Alexander)

I waited until Storm had managed to duck most of the bullets, but I watched with a cringe of sympathetic pain and worry as a couple bullets implanted themselves into Storm's arm and leg, bringing him down onto one knee.

One of the Zephyra members emerged from his hiding place behind the rose bushes at the front of the house. A tall man with long blonde hair to his shoulders, blistering cold blue eyes and wearing a sleek leather suit with a vest full of pockets. He smirked, lowering his machine gun as he held up his hand, shouting to his comrades to cease fire.

The other five Zephyra members, three men and two women, emerged from their places, all wearing clothes that reminded me of something out of a super spy movie. The only difference was their blinding Druid beauty and glinting fangs as they approached Storm, who was breathing hard in pain as blood poured to the green grass below.

"Well, well," The blonde man announced, smirking as he rested his gun againt his shoulder, peering down at Storm, who glared up at him, "What have we here? This is definitely a pleasant surprise. I was hoping to nab your hubby to drag you out, but you came right to me. What a good doggy. Daddy trained you well." Storm just bared his fangs, only to have one of the women kick her heel out, knocking Storm in the jaw so he hit the ground, spitting up blood.

"Calm down, Katerina," The blonde man told the red-haired woman who'd struck Storm, "He was only defending what little honor he has left."

"You men and your honor." Katerina spat with a strong Italian accent as she shouldered her machine gun, her green eyes rolling in disgust.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The youngest male demanded, freckles scattered across a pair face with caramel hair falling over a pair of ivy green eyes.

"Exactly how it's supposed to, little brat." Katerina responded, making the man scowl. The blonde man rolled his eyes before turning to Storm, who was pushing himself onto his knees, his head held down so he could drool streams of blood into the grass. I narrowed my eyes, gritting my teeth as I hung back by the wall. I threw a quick glance over my shoulder to see if Mark and Luca had made it to the house, but there was no sign of them. Had they made it?

I didn't really have time to ponder it because I heard a click and swiveled my head around in time to stare into a dark gun barrel.

"Oiii, Ollie, look what I found!" The brunette man announced with a smirk, keeping his eyes locked on me. I glared at him, tempted to just jump him, but he had a gun to my head and I had no idea if it would kill me or not-- nor did I want to find out.

I stepped out from behind my hiding place, holding my hands up. The brunette grabbed my wrist roughly, jerking me around and shoving the gun barrel against my temple as he led me toward the group.

"Oh, this is just the best fucking day of my life," The blonde man, Ollie, announced with a barking laugh, making me grimace, "I have the Spawn of Satan and his wife. How could this day get any better?" The brunette shoved me down onto my knees by Storm, who was having his hands roughly tied behind his back.

"I hate you." Storm muttered under his breath to me.

"Hey, I didn't even do anything." I responded, then winced as the brunette twisted my arms behind my back, wrapping them tightly with something that felt like wire judging from the way it cut into my skin.

"All righty," Ollie hummed, tapping his gun against his shoulder, "This is gonna be so fun. How should I make that son of a bitch cry, huh? Rip his lover and his son into tiny unidentifiable pieces, then wrap them in a gift box and send them to him? Or should I video tape you getting your tongues cut out? Or, even better..." He flashed his fangs and my stomach clenched.