Epilogue

Epilogue (Alexander)

Three years later...

"And that will be our plans for after winter break. Have a safe and happy holiday, everyone. Class dismissed."

I stood up from my seat, slipping my messenger bag over my shoulder before gathering up my books. A couple of my classmates smiled and waved at me, wishing me a happy holiday. I smiled and returned the gesture before I got my books and headed out of the classroom preparing for our winter break that would last three, blissful weeks.

My final year, I realized as I walked down the hallway, buttoning up my wool coat in preparation for the icy cold winter outside. This was my last year in college. After this, I could start applying at places that I really wanted to work instead of the ridiculous side jobs I've had to grab to support myself. I turned down both Amber and Vladimir's offers to pay for me.

I wanted to do this myself, and I know people thought I was stupid for it, but I didn't care. I wanted to do things on my own now, and thankfully, they respected my decisions.

I stepped out of the building and into the snowy air, pausing to wince at how strong the bitter cold winter wind was. I held my books close and watched my feet as I walked against the wind toward my dorm, my shoes kicking slushy piles of snow that had slid onto the sidewalk.

I was relieved to walk into my dormitory, the warm blast of heat hitting me in the face as I walked into the lounge. I stomped the snow off my boots on the rug, pausing to look up as a couple people from the lounge waved, calling out to me. I smiled, waving back before heading upstairs to the room I shared with my new roommate as of a year ago.

I approached the door and got my key out, using it to get inside to see that he'd rearranged our room so our bunk bed was placed in one corner with our closet on the other and a desk near the door.

He was sitting on his bed with a textbook before looking up, smiling with chocolate dark brown eyes and a mop of straight brown hair cut just under his chin in the front, shorter in the back. His name was James and he'd come all the way from the U.K. to study here. I had decided to get a roommate last year for two reasons. I needed a social life and a solo room was getting too expensive.

"Hey, Alex! I moved all our stuff around and packed my things. I left your stuff alone so you could pack. My parents are coming to pick me up in about an hour, but I wanted to wait until you got back." He explained, rising to his feet. I nodded and dropped my things into the chair at the desk as James grabbed his things from our shared dresser. I helped him gather up his things before he went to the door, opening it up before turning back to give me a hug.

I laughed, hugging him back as he complained about how much he'll miss me while he has to deal with his obnoxious siblings. I chided him until he left. I closed the door and went to my laptop, turning it on and letting it load up as I started packing my things. There was a beep and a mechnical ringing from the laptop before I clicked a button to answer. I sat in my seat as a webcam popped up and a familiar face filled the screen.

"Oiii! Ally! Ye finally answered! I rang ye 'bout seven times 'afore, but ya roommate picked up instead." Slade Bennett greeted me, smiling to show off his fangs.

Fangs that he'd technically gotten from me as I was the one that turned him. Slade still looked the same with his platinum blonde hair constantly being dyed. Today it started out blonde at his roots before becoming purple and gradually turning pink at the tips. His tongue was pierced again, something I wish he wouldn't do because of bad memories. His black snake bites were perfectly in place on his lower lip and there was a glittery stud in his nostril. He wore a plaid purple and blue shirt, but nothing underneath.