Chapter Four

Chapter Four (Alexander)

Just how was I going to confront Vladimir anyway?

I couldn't just walk up to him and demand why he'd throw nightmares in my face. Besides, I wasn't even sure if Luca was telling the truth or not. I was just curious because the way Luca denied it so firmly made me question the situation.

And what if Vladimir did do it? Why was he tormenting me? Was he angry at me for not accepting his feelings? It's not like I was the only one to blame. After all, he too decided not to date me because according to him, he was afraid. I wasn't sure what exactly he was afraid of. Was he afraid I'd reject him?

Psh, yeah right. The fact that I loved him was plainly obvious. Was he afraid that I'd get hurt because of his job? I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself... So I was kidnapped once. It was once and I was caught off guard. I was too paranoid now for anything like that to happen again, which is why I wasn't letting this dream thing go. It couldn't be guilt.

I had nothing to be guilty for. I didn't do anything to hurt Nicholas. The one who got Nicholas killed was Newell. He'd ordered Kristophe to persude Nicholas to join their cause and through Newell's harsh manipulation, Nicholas was ultimately killed by Vladimir, who was only trying to protect his son.

Kristophe was also not to blame and he'd already suffered enough for anything he'd done wrong. His own twin brother had tried to rip Kristophe's fangs out, succeeding in the destruction of one of them, which was now replaced with porcelain. Even so, I could tell it still caused Kristophe pain.

I sighed miserably as I got out of the taxi and headed toward the hotel, rubbing my temples as I tried to think of some way to talk to Vladimir in a casual way that didn't make him suspicious. Although, I had the itching sensation that Vladimir would catch on quickly.

I went into the hotel and road the lift back to our floor, only to find Mark and Slade outside in the hallway. Mark looked surprisingly fashionable, wearing black low ride jeans and a loose long sleeved shirt with one shoulder sliding off. Slade was wearing low ride jeans that were sliced all the way down to his ankles along with a long sleeved shirt that showed off his belly and what looked like a new piercing of the Italian flag. He was also wearing a very girly headband on his head with a black lacy bow and a skull at the center.

"Where are you two going?" I asked flatly, making them jump and look up. Mark beamed and flung up a pamphlet in my face.

"There's this really awesome concert at one of the venues here! It's some band called Radioactive Plasma! They play some pretty cool rock music. I mean, I don't completely understand everything they're saying, cuz they're Italian, but it's still cool!" He added, waving the pamphlet at me, making me raise an eyebrow.

I took the pamphlet from him, frowning at the picture of the stadium where thousands of people were crowded around the band. It looked like a four man band and the pamphlet was in Italian, which made me wonder how they read it in the first place.

"Well, cool." I said at last, handing it back. Mark snorted, folding his arms over his chest and sticking his chin out defiantly.

"What'd you mean well cool? You're coming with us." He stated, making me blink and look at him uncomfortably as I shifted, trying to think of an excuse.

"I dunno, Mark. I think I'm still experiencing a bit of jet lag. I just wanna rest--"

"No," Mark insisted, though his voice had turned into a bit of a whine, "We're here on vacation and I haven't gotten to hang out with you at all! Come on, Alex! Please? Just tonight! Afterwards, I promise you can sleep all you want." Slade grinned as he withdrew an ID from his pocket, flicking it around.