𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

yeonjun didn't think things would get like this with you

yeonjun didn't think things would get like this with you. he ended up wanting to be around you, hearing you, seeing you smile. he just felt so comfortable and like he didn't have to always play pranks and say something rude to get your attention.

regardless of the hatred you had for him before, he could just say whatever was on his mind and you would appreciate it either way. it made him relax into you.

he was afraid to admit it but growing day by day and seeing you everyday wasn't helping.  he didn't notice the fluttering feeling in his heart and the subconscious smile that would rest on his face when he was around you.

as you two walked home together and talked, he was looking at you. you were so beautiful to him. it was something he couldn't understand. yeonjun had never felt such an intense feeling for anyone.

you were one of a kind.

leaving his thoughts when you finally spoke "i have a question"

"what's up?" he replies.

"uhh.. i know this is random but, do you think you found your soulmate?" you ask him and he frowns and sighs.

the concept of soulmates was something he didn't believe in. it was stupid. he was always surrounded by people who were never truly loving to him. so he thought that the whole soulmate thing had to be a lie. he didn't care for it and he never thought he would have to.

the only person he had dated was someone so cruel and disgusting. he never wanted to connect to anything else the way he did with her. he was afraid.

but everyone was so obsessed with finding their soulmates and it annoyed him. he couldn't get away from that irritating idea.

even his friends talked about it all the time. telling him "you'll find your soulmate soon"

it was always those words. they said that no matter where he went, where he'd go, his soulmate would end up finding him since that's how the whole thing works.

but he didn't believe it would be that way for him.

yeonjun sighs and you look at him. "i don't know." he starts. "i don't believe in that and i don't care for any of it."

you chuckle before replying to him. "ah, me too."

"really? why?" he asks you and you take a breath, "i mean it's not that i don't believe in it, it's just that i think some people are born without soulmates... and i'm sure i'm one of those people."