𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

soobin feels anxious when he sees you approaching him at the cafe

not alone but with yeonjun.

"hey" you gave him and he smiles. "hey guys"

you all walk into the calm cafe and take a seat. yeonjun sits beside you and soobin in front of the two of you.

"what do you guys want? i'll order." you say and the boys both look at you with raised brows. "w.. what?" you stutter and they both look at each other, then back to you.

"you really don't have to" soobin speaks up but you insist. "guys, it's fine" you were doing this because you wanted to give them time to talk a little before telling him everything.

"at least take this" yeonjun gives you his wallet and you pout and shake your head, "no, i'll pay" you say as you place it back on the table.

"now give me your orders!" you exclaim and so they hesitate before giving you their orders. "thanks" you say and turn around to get in line but yeonjun holds your hand, pulling you back and making you turn to him, he puts his wallet in your hands and lets go of you, "just use it" he says as he looks into your eyes and you sigh "fine," you turn around and get in line.

soobin looked at the whole thing with a little bit of fear in him. he knew you and yeonjun had gotten strangely so close and it was scaring him.

yeonjun turns back and finally looks at soobin again, but soobin was looking out the window. there was a moment and no one said a word. it was just quiet. "so.. you told her?" yeonjun breaks the silence and soobin now turns his head to look at him. "told her what?" he asks.

"my feelings for her. you told her i've liked her for all these years"

"no." he shakes his head. "i mean yes but it wasn't intended" soobin was stressed out and it was clear but yeonjun didn't react.

"i'm sorry" soobin says but yeonjun simply gives him an awkward nod, "it's okay... we.. uh" he stops himself from going on.

he thought to himself maybe it was better if he kept what you and him had private. if you both kept hiding it away from the others. that way, you avoid the broken friendships and the hurt feelings.

maybe it's for the best? i mean there wouldn't be any problems right? if you all kept it to yourselves, the kisses, the confessions, the hugs, the loving looks, there wouldn't be an issue. no one has to know or see.

"how is it okay? i've been nothing but a bad friend to you" soobin speaks up and yeonjun doesn't reply, not because he didn't know what to say, but because he knew soobin wasn't lying.

"say something!" soobin speaks again and yeonjun sighs looking away from soobin, his eyes now looking at you standing in line and soobin follows his eyes, his eyes softening when he looks at you too and soobin exhales, "what do we do?"