𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

yeonjun looks at the guy driving, but it seems like soobin couldn't do the same to yeonjun

there were so many things he wished he could just let out but he just couldn't.

he wanted to apologize, explain himself, isolate himself, all of it.

"what's this about?" soobin suddenly asks.

"let's just fix this shit man" yeonjun starts. "i understand why you're mad but i hope you don't expect me to end things with y/n... i really-"

"of course i won't" soobin cuts him off, keeping his eyes on the road, unable to look at yeonjun. "look, i'm sorry yeonjun. everything i did was so bad, so messed up and i'm truly seeing clearly now."

"i guess i'm really just selfish as hell. i really am. i let you down by taking someone you wanted away from you. it's ridiculous now that i look it. i was so dumb back then and i still am. i'm selfish, i'm a bad friend, i'm a horrible person and i need a break or something. i want you to know i'm really sorry man" he sighs deeply, his grip on the stirring wheel getting tighter.

"don't do all that soobin." yeonjun shakes his head, "we both did some stupid shit but we changed so let's move the fuck on"

"easy for you to say, you got her at the end. you got y/n.." soobin accidentally snaps and yeonjun frowns, "soobin you can't possibly be serious.."

yeonjun scratches his head and releases a sigh, "you lover her?" he asks the big question.

soobin then stiffens, there was an awkward moment of silence brewing between the two guys. then soobin shakes his head, "no. not that way." he exhales, "i mean, sometimes it feels like i do, but i'm sure it's just my head messing with me." soobin bites uncertainly on his lower lip, "i just need her sometimes..."

"you need her? she probably needs you too. you're her best friend. you shouldn't let this ruin a friendship, you'll regret it." yeonjun tells him.

"no yeonjun.. i'll just focus on myself for a little while... that's what's best for me... for all of us. i'm giving away such a toxic vibe which isn't what i want to do." he inhales, "i'll get there"

"and when you say you'll focus on yourself, how do you expect to do that?"

soobin looks hurt, "i'll fucking isolate myself of course." he tells the other and yeonjun groans, "that never helps, i know that from experience"

"well i don't know yeonjun. i want to be happy for you but i also don't want to be the heartbroken one. i need to get rid of the feelings i have for her." soobin shrugs, "that's all there is to do"

yeonjun runs his fingers through his hair, "and how do you think she'll feel? she still wants you in her life, you're her bestfriend.."

"you two haven't talked for such a long time, you've only started getting back to the way things were this year and you're leaving her again. i can't believe i'm over here asking you to stay for her."