Reality Hits

I woke up late to the sound of rain, and laid awake in bed for an hour. I didn't want to get up at all, I wanted to avoid all of my problems. I knew that the whole Grayson situation would be okay for a while, because it takes time to produce a magazine, but I still felt guilty about it. All I could think about was what would happen once it came out. I finally got up and put on some clothes, then I checked my phone. It was 1:38 in the afternoon, and I felt like I wasted my day.

I checked to see if there were any new messages from my ex-boss, but there wasn't. I dragged myself to the kitchen, and started making breakfast. There was a knock at my door, so I went to open it, expecting Grayson. I opened it and said "Hi Gray", but it wasn't him. Ethan was standing at the door, soaking wet in the rain. He looked at me and said, "Aren't you gonna let me in?". I moved from the door, and he walked in. I replied "You don't have to be a jerk to me anymore, you've been a real jerk lately", and I handed him a towel.

He dried off, sat down on my couch, and replied "I know what's going on". I asked what he meant, trying not to seem suspicious. He replied, "When you told me not to let Gray on YouTube? I found some stuff about him that wasn't even on there, have you seen this?". He showed me the website that I'd been trying to avoid. I felt so embarrassed, but I didn't want it to show on my face. There was no way to lie about it, so I didn't say anything at all. He asked "How did they get personal photos of you?". With shame on my face, I told Ethan all about my boss, the accidental confession, and the magazine that might come out about Gray.

First he looked angry, but once I started to cry he eased up on me. He said "Look, this isn't that big a deal. We've had plenty of false articles written about us, but this one may end up being a bit too personal for him. I won't say anything to him about it, but if it comes out he'll know you told someone about you guys. I'll be available if you ever need me, but this is all on you". He hugged me, and wiped the tears from my face. My food was finished, so I went to go get some. Looking back at Ethan, I asked, "Do you want any food? It's just eggs, but it's here if you want some".

He shook his head, and said he was leaving. Once he left, I was alone with my thoughts again, I quickly got swallowed up in them. It helped me that E understood how I felt, which made me not so sad, but it wasn't enough. I got another text, this one from Ethan, and it said "We're shooting another video today, forgot to tell you. Come by and record for us maybe, or don't, whatever you want". I smiled, it was nice that he was trying to be sweet. I decided that I would head over to their house later to record, but I knew I would be kind of awkward around Gray.

I ate my food, put away my plate, and went to shower. I went through so many thoughts in the shower. Again, I thought about how Grayson would respond to the release of the article. All I got from the talk with E was that Grayson would understand, but that wasn't enough. I got out of the shower, dried off, and put on some other clothes. It was now 3:30, so I decided that it was late enough for me to head to the boys' house.