Day Three

"You look tired, Nicky," Savannah stated as she plopped down in the seat beside Nick, making him jump. He'd been slumped over his desk with his head on his arms and his eyes closed. Savannah giggled quietly, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you,"

Nick shook his head, resting head back on his arms, but this time so that he was looking at her. "It's fine," He murmured softly, closing his eyes again.

Savannah frowned slightly, "How much sleep did you get last night, Nicky?"

For a moment, Nick didn't respond, keeping his eyes closed. Then, slowly, he opened them, gazing up at Savannah with soft eyes. "Not much,"

Savannah only frowned more, "You should sleep, Nicky,"

He hummed softly, closing his eyes again and sighing quietly. Savannah left him to rest as the teacher began the lesson. After a few minutes of Mr. Romero speaking, he handed out worksheets to everyone to complete and hand in by the end of the lesson. Nick ignored the worksheet that was placed on the desk in front of him, keeping his eyes closed.

Deciding that he should really get some rest, Savannah reached over and grabbed his worksheet, placing it down beside hers. She started working on the problems on her own worksheet, and when she found an answer, she wrote it down on Nick's sheet as well. Nick soon realised what was happening and opened his eyes, looking up at her, frowning. "You don't have to do that,"

Savannah smiled at him softly, "I know. But you shouldn't get in trouble for not handing in the worksheet because you didn't get any sleep. That's not fair," She paused, gazing into his piercing grey eyes and nodding as she tucked some of her hair behind her ear, "Get some rest, Nicky,"

Nick stared up at her, almost in awe. Then, slowly he set his head back down, closing his eyes once again. For the rest of the lesson, Savannah let Nick sleep while she completed the worksheets. Although it was only a measly hour of rest, that one hour had meant a lot to Nick. Savannah had unknowingly bumped herself right up to the top in his good books.