Day Five

Savannah sat down in her usual seat next to Nick and set her bag down on the floor beside her feet. She turned to him with a determined look. Nick's face stayed expressionless, although his eyes were soft. "Twenty questions," She stated bluntly.

Nick's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What?"

Savannah smiled slightly, "That's what we're going to do today, Nicky. Play twenty questions," She paused, meeting his gaze, "Good morning by the way,"

Nick's lip twitched. But still, he didn't smile. "Good morning, Van,"

Savannah grinned, and after getting out her notebook and pencil case, she turned to face him again. "Okay, first question, Nicky," She cleared her throat dramatically, "What's your favourite colour?"

Amusement flashed in Nick's eyes and Savannah took pride in that, despite still not making him laugh. He replied in his usual deep voice, "Black,"

Savannah sighed, "Black? Really? Is there a reason?"

Nick shrugged, "It's dark,"

She raised an eyebrow at him, "That's it?" When Nick nodded, she sighed, "Fine, my turn. My favourite colour is mango orange. Wanna know why?" Nick nodded again and she continued, "Because I love Mangos. They're my favourite. And I really like the smell of mangos, my shampoo is mango scented. Also, it's not just orange. It's also kind of pink, and I really like pink as well. Now, you're probably thinking, 'Savannah, isn't that just peach?'. No, it's not. Peach is much pinker and lighter. Mango orange is much more orange - a little yellow even - and more vibrant, so that's my favourite colour," She let out a loud sigh once she'd finished, smiling up at Nick.

Meanwhile, Nick was still staring at the girl beside him in awe, wondering how she could be so passionate about something as trivial as a person's favourite colour.

Savannah smiled, "Your turn to ask a question,"

Nick thought about it for a moment before replying. He glanced at the front of the class to see the teacher still just sitting at his desk, waiting for students to arrive. Then he looked back at Savannah and met her gorgeous hazel eyes. "If you were a superhero, what superpower would you have?"

As the question registered in Savannah's mind, her mouth split into a full blown grin. She knew he was a nerd! "That's an excellent question, Nicky," She thought it over for a moment before replying, "I'd like to have the power to heal people," Nick nodded, urging her to continue and Savannah grinned, "I like helping people. If I was able to heal people, then I could help people more,"

Nick nodded slowly before murmuring, "You're a good person,"

Savannah's smile softened as she stared into his grey eyes, "Thank you, Nicky," Then she brightened up, "What about you? What superpower would you have,"

"Super strength," He replied immediately.

Savannah rolled her eyes playfully, "Of course. Is there a reason?"

"So that if I needed to, I could save the people I care about. If I needed to fight people off, I would be able to easily," He replied, switching his gaze to her feet for a moment.

Savannah regarded Nick softly, wanting desperately to reach out and brush his hair out of his face or pinch his cheeks or something. She craved his company and his touch. She had never felt such a strong pull towards someone before. "That's very heroic of you, Nicky," She replied softly, craning her head down and forcing him to meet her gaze.

Once again, Nick didn't smile or laugh. If anyone else were to look at him, they would never think that he was happy in the slightest. But just for a moment, as Savannah looked into his icy grey eyes, she saw a brief flash of happiness. And that was more than enough for now.

 And that was more than enough for now