Day Fifty-Seven

Another Three weeks have passed with Nick not making a move. Savannah was becoming impatient. She really really liked Nick and she had begun to think he might ask her on a date. But she was starting to lose hope as the days went on. He still hadn't smiled at her either.

Despite this, when Savannah walked into Mr. Romero's math class, she still greeted her teacher with a smile and walked to her usual seat. Nick was already sitting at his desk, his head tilted back and his eyes closed. He looked peaceful.

Savannah briefly wondered if Nick had been having trouble sleeping again. She hoped not.

Usually, her morning kisses on the cheek were quick, but Savannah was worried about Nick's tiredness today. Stopping beside him, she bent down and pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek, lingering there a moment. Her hand gently held his jaw as she kissed him before she pulled back slightly. Savannah stayed bent over him as his eyes fluttered open and she frowned. "Are you not getting enough sleep again, Nicky?"

Nick paused, staring up into her sparkling hazel eyes. Slowly, he tilted his chin up until his lips were gently pressed against her forehead in a feather-light kiss. He lingered a couple beats too long before whispering, "I'm okay, Van."

Savannah pulled away slightly, ignoring the blush that now tinted her cheeks and gently gripped Nick's chin between her thumb and forefinger. "You promise you'll tell me when something is wrong?" She asked, staring down at him pointedly.

His eyes darted between both of hers for a second before he nodded a little. "I promise."

"