Prologue

All was good in Ninjago...except for one minor problem...

"What are you saying?" Ray asked Wu, "That we should just...give our children up?" Wu placed a hand on the blacksmith's shoulder, "I'm not asking you to give them up. I want them to develop their powers, should they inherit them. This is for the sake of Ninjago, and all future generations."

Garmadon looked among the crowd of Elemental holders, "I can assure you, our son will be going." He placed an arm around Misako, who held a baby with tufts of blonde hair. He was napping peacefully. Maya stepped forward, a hand protectively over her abdomen, containing her second child, "Ray. What should we do?"

As they all conversed, Libber stayed silent. She'd fought so hard to be with her son. Her parents refused to accept him, so she cut herself off, and was living with her husband. All this fighting...for nothing? She didn't want to give him away.

"Libber? Your thoughts?" She was shaken lightly by Ceaser, the holder of Ice. She blinked, "Um...I'll speak with Cliff."

"Darkley's Elemental Academy will seem like any old boarding school to the people. But for us, it will be where our future generation's powers and abilities will develop, until they themselves, are old enough to protect Ninjago. Ray, I know this seems suspicious, but if you keep their elemental powers a secret from them, it will backfire on you."

"I only want the best for my children." He stated. Wu nodded understandingly, "And I can assure you, this will be the right choice. I will mentor our next generation, and lead them, just as I have led you all."

As they all noticed in agreement, nobody noticed Libber slip away.

Running down the stairs, tears in her eyes, she sprinted through the roads, dodging people left and right, until she reached the safety of her home. She knew that Cliff was out of the country to star in a film, so it was just her and Jay. Like it always is.

Pushing open the doors, she ran in, before collapsing onto the floor in sobs. A baby crawled up to her, placing his hand on her cheek.

"I'm okay, baby, I'm okay. You go play." she whispered, kissing his curly mop of hair. Straightening up, she ascended the fancy stairs. She dismissed the nanny, before going into her room, shutting the door shut. Reaching for the tissue box, she wiped the tears from her cheeks, before staring into her reflection.

Libber was always afraid she'd shock him, or electrocute him, so she never used her powers in the house.

No matter what, Jay will not find out about his powers. At all.

So...Chapter 1 will take place in the present!