Chapter 2

They started their tour at the end of the corridor, "So this is where half the dorms are. The other half are above us and the teacher wings are on the other side of the building." he explained, "This room belongs to the Masters of Form and Smoke..." Cole pointed out each dorm and explained who was in there. It turns out that the Masters of Form, Smoke, Poison, Mind, Metal, Sound, Fire, Ice and Amber were on this floor, "There's a nindroid called Pixal, but she doesn't have an element, but she helps out around the school. There's also Clancee, he's cool."

Jogging up another flight of stairs, he pushed open the first door, where a blonde teen was laying in his bed, reading a book. "This room belongs to the Masters of Energy and Water. This is Lloyd, Master of Energy and- where's Nya?"

Lloyd closed his book, "She said she was fetching something from Skylor's room. I'm Lloyd-"

"Lloyd. He knows." Cole deadpanned. Lloyd leaned against the doorway, "You guys wanna come in?"

"As much as we'd love to, we have a tour to get back to." He ruffled Lloyd's hair and pulled Jay along. They knocked on another door, before entering. A girl with pink and blue hair tackled Cole with kisses. Jay stood aside, very uncomfortable with this.

They're probably gonna be here for a while, he realised, before backing out into the corridor, bumping into someone.

"Shoot, sorry!"

"It's fine." He looked to see a girl with raven hair tied into a messy ponytail gathering up some documents. She smiled, "You must be Jay. I'm Nya."

"How does everyone know who I am?" He asked confusedly.

"News travels fast around here. Plus, everyone gets excited when they find out there's a new kid. It's not common here." She held up her hand, and created an orb of water, before it disappeared, "People think we're just a really prestigious school. They call us freaks since...they think we act weird. We think it's cool though."

Jay frowned, "You...like being called freaks?"

"I think it's funny. They call us freaks, but they don't even know half of it. We're gifted with something others could only dream of." She peered past the auburn to see Cole and the pink haired girl still making out. She chuckled, "I'll give you the rest of the tour. Come on. I just gotta drop something off at my dorm."

She entered her dorm, dropping a bundle of textbooks on the bed, "Your feet stink, by the way!"

"Hey!" 

Jay laughed as Nya caught up with him, "Let's go."

An hour had passed, and the tour was over, and now they were just wandering through the halls, "We're not like other schools."

"Because of our elements?"

"And our system. Everyone separates their students by age. Here, our roommates are chosen, personality-wise, and who the teachers think we'll get along with better. Our classes are based on strength. The stronger you are, the higher you are. Some classes are separated in terms of what our powers are. For example, Atmokinesis. The ability to manipulate the weather. I'm in that class since I'm able to make rain on command. Zane's in it as he can create a blizzard if he wishes. Morro can create tornadoes, and hurricanes, Paleman can control the sun. I think you'll be in that class too, since your power enables you to create lightning storms too."

"Oh, cool. Are there any other classes I should be aware of?"

"Have you set up your dorm yet?" she asked. Jay shook his head, and Nya beckoned him over, "Let's do that, and I'll explain everything."

"Got it." They headed to his dorm, and Jay unpacked his bags whilst Nya flopped onto Cole's bed, before sitting up cross-legged, watching him, "You want some help?"

"Um...yes please." He admitted sheepishly. Nya jumped off the bed, and helped him set up his bed, wardrobe, dresser, desk and all the final touches. Jay smiled, "It feels like my room at home. I'm new, and I just...I dunno, feel out of place, I guess."

Nya nodded, "The majority of students have been here since the school opened up, meaning they were here since they were infants. I'm one of those students. So is my brother, and Lloyd."

Jay frowned, "Lloyd's not your brother?"

Nya stared at him, and burst out laughing, "Nope! Kai and I see him as the middle sibling though. The three of us were, and still are, inseparable." She gestured to one of the many photos on Cole's desk. Jay picked up the one Nya signalled to. On it, there was a little boy with spiky brown hair, a smaller boy with blonde hair and an even smaller girl with black hair. He smiled and put it back gently, before his eyes shot up, "I forgot to say goodbye!"

"Don't worry, you'll be able to go home on break." The auburn nodded, feeling reassured at this, "I don't know why, but on the form, when I was filling out the questions about any known family members...she looked guilty. It's probably nothing. Maybe it's my dad. He was never around."

"I'm sorry." The girl stated quietly. Jay shook his head, "Don't worry about it. What other classes are there?"

Nya took off a book from Cole's desk, and the two read through it whilst perched on Jay's bed, "So, this is an overview of all the classes. You'll get your timetable tomorrow at the latest. As I mentioned before, you'll have Atmokinesis, and Nature class-"

"Hold up, Nature class?"

Nya nodded, "For the 12 elements of nature: Fire, Lightning, Earth, Ice, Water, Wind, Flora, Time, Moon, Shadow, Light and Force. The Masters of Time got stripped of their powers and were banished, and the Master of Moon...that's basically Paleman. The Power of Force, that's us all combined."

"What can you do?" Jay asked, "With your power?"

Nya flipped through the pages, before stopping. "Hydrokinesis, the ability to control liquid water, and mold it into any desired shape or form. I can adapt to underwater, breathe underwater, I'm working on absorbing water and hydroportation, which is teleporting across long or short distances through water, water generation, I'm working on Holy Water Manipulation and Dark Water Manipulation, and I can do Hydromancy, so I can see clear as day in water."

Jay got excited by this, "Ooh! What can I do?"

"Let's see..." she turned the page and read aloud, "Quintessence Force: generate lightning containing pure-life-energy, Electrokinesis: control, generate and/or absorb electric fields and shoot lightning bolts, Electrical Absorption, Electroporation, just...really cool stuff!"

One thing's for sure; Jay could tell he was gonna have a fun time here.