Chapter 13

Skylor's POV

Kai Smith 5

Jay Gordon Walker 6

Griffin Turner 3

̶A̶c̶r̶o̶n̶i̶x̶ ̶C̶h̶r̶o̶n̶o̶s̶̶ ̶3̶

K̶r̶u̶x̶ ̶C̶h̶r̶o̶n̶o̶s̶ 3̶

̶E̶l̶e̶a̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶I̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶3̶

Bolobo Vince 3

Camille Hence 5

Gravis Olen 1

Lloyd Garmadon 10

Skylor Chen 10

Ash Grey 3

Neuro Iren 4

Paleman Solar 4

S̶h̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶M̶i̶s̶t̶  2̶

T̶o̶x̶ ̶H̶a̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ 3̶

Nya Smith 4

Seliel Gordon Walker 3

Cole Brookstone 6

Zane Julien 7

Morro Garmadon 6

Jacob Pevsner 2

Karlof Knowles 2

Nadakhan Djinn - 12

Wu Garmadon - 20

Montgomery Garmadon - 20

The Hitlist of Elemental Masters. We were all on it, and we were worth millions. I think you're worth more if your power's worth more. So far five elemental masters had died. Fourteen million dollars had been claimed. But how? Were there more laptops? Was there a special location you had to report to, or a number to text? But the more confusing is yet to come. Seliel and Jay are both listed with the same last name: Gordon Walker. Typo? Coincidence? We don't know yet. That's why they're heading over to Jay's Mom's house to find out.

Since the Royal Family haven't come for us, I don't think they know about the list. But they'll find out soon. And we'll all be dead.

We can't go on lockdown either; it would look suspicious. News travels fast in Ninjago City. If we went on lockdown, word would spread, until it reached the Royal Family. They would send someone to check, and we'd be exposed.

The rule is that if you see an Elemental Master, you're supposed to kill on sight, but we could easily injure or kill a human with the powers that we're gifted with. Other Elemental Masters are wary of me, as I can absorb another's power for temporary use with just mere contact. Nya and I are now heading to my house. Chen decided to downsize into a regular detached home since the island was too far.

"Wait in here." I tell her, closing the passenger door of her car.

Knocking on the door, I stand back, and wait for him to answer, fiddling with the engagement ring Kai had given me. The door opens, and my father smiles, "Skylor, what a pleasant surprise. Do come in."

Dad leads me into the living room, "Would you like anything to drink? Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, boba?"

"I'm...I'm good thanks."

"Good." He gestures for me to take a seat, "How are classes going?"

"They're going well, Dad-"

"What's that ring on your finger?" Crap. Kai and my dad did not get along. At all. I shrug quickly, "Oh, I just found it at the trader's market." I lie quickly. Sighing, I bring out the briefcase, and pull out another copy for the hitlist, "Is Mom alive?"

Dad scrunched his nose, "Don't be foolish, you were there when we buried her alongside your grandparents, Skylor. Why are you bringing this up?" I hand him the briefcase, "This. It's our family crest before Mom died. And there's this hitlist..." He snatches it up and peers at it, "Who are all these names?"

"Um...Elemental Masters...and the numbers beside them are how much they're worth."

"So you're worth...10 dollars?"

I shook my head, "10 million. I think Mom made this-"

Dad was quick to cut me off, "-She didn't. She couldn't have, she's dead. I did. I... ordered some servants to rob the bank and put the hitlist online." I shook my head. Something didn't feel right. He looked so surprised when I first showed him the list.

"Skylor, you'd better believe it. You're mother's dead. And so will you if you do not put this to rest."

My eyebrows furrow, "So why haven't you killed me yet? I'm one of the highest worth on that list, and I know you too well; money always comes first with you. I'll tell you why," I stand up, "Because you didn't know about it either. So my mother's alive-"

"She's dead. You can check the records. She died 9 years ago, due to a heart attack. We pulled you out of school for her funeral, where you saw her corpse get lowered into the ground. Now drop this ridiculous theory and go back to school." Before I could say anything, he hurriedly shoved me out of the doors, slamming and locking them shut after.

Rolling my eyes, I head to the car, slamming the door shut, causing Nya to look up from her phone, "Did your dad say anything?"

I rest my arm on the ledge, "He tried to take the blame for it. But he didn't know about it either, I could tell. Plus I had a sparring match with Neuro this morning. Absorbed some of his power while I was at it. Either my mother's alive, or it's just an aunt or uncle doing this."

As Nya drove, I looked outside the window, letting my forehead rest on the cool glass. I was startled as she made a sudden sharp turn, "Maybe a warning would be nice next time!"

"Sorry," she mumbled, turning again. I frown and take in the surroundings, "Why are you driving us in a circle? A-And why are you driving? You nearly killed us and a bunch of pedestrians last time."

We must have passed this place a dozen times. What the hell was Nya doing?

"Hold on, I need to get some gas." We pulled into the gas station at long last, and Nya got out, leaving the wallet behind. Confused, I stare at the dashboard, "But we have a full tank- Nya?"

Getting out of the car, I follow Nya, who's already crossing the street, heading for a deep red car parked nearby us. "Dude, what are you doing?"

"Wait." Leaning down, she knocked on the window. I watched as a women rolled it down, with strawberry blonde hair and green eyes, "Who are you?"

I catch up with Nya, "So sorry, ma'am, my friend is still very paranoid about the news, we'll get going now." I tug her arm but she pushes me off, "Listen, you've been following us. I've been watching your car trail behind us as we went in a circle four times."

The woman caught my eye, before getting out of the car, "Well, I'll be damned. It's been a while, Skylor."

"How do you know my name? Are you a stalker?"

"Hm...stalker. No, I'd prefer the term 'Mom.' How have-"

I don't hear anything else, as I fall to the ground, out cold.