Chapter 12

3rd Person POV

Upon figuring out the next clue, they head to the library. There was a commotion from outside. Seliel frowned, "You guys go on. Cole and I'll check that out." Grabbing her boyfriend, they headed to the reception.

The other eight entered the room, making sure to be quiet as they huddled over at one of the tables. Zane switched on the laptop, and the list showed up, with the third line of code. Jay frowned, "Guys, why is Shade's name crossed out?"

Skylor pointed at another name, "And Tox too."

The doors burst open and Seliel rushed in, Cole behind her, "They found their bodies at the bottom of the river."

"Shade?" Kai asked. Cole nodded, "Tox too. They must've been taken by surprise. Both were stabbed, and they had bricks tied to them to keep them under long enough to kill them. We need to figure out the third code."

"How?" Nya inquired, "Walls can't talk!"

"Yeah but..." Lloyd looked up, before jumping on the spot, "We can listen. We may not have super-hearing abilities, but you know who does?"

"Jacob!" Morro yelped, racing off to find him. Nya sat next to Jay, "When they first built the school before we were born, the library was the first to be constructed. I guess that's what the clue means."

Jay nodded and added on, "Plus, in a place like this, there must be plenty of magic items. Books, scrolls..."

"Yeah." Nya ran a hand through Jay's messy locks, before taking the hair tie off her wrist, using it to tie up a small section of his hair. She grinned, "Perfect." However, her smile faded. Jay cupped her chin, "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah just..." she turned around to the front desk, "In my seventeen years, I have never seen that telephone be used. Ever."

"Maybe it's a relic?"

Nya shook her head, "It's plugged in. Can you get a signal from it?" Jay gulped nervously as his breath hitched, "I can try." They headed over and Jay placed a hand on it, his eyes starting to glow. He flinched, and shook his head, "It's...not a relic, but it's not picking up on any electrical signals either." The raven took the receiver and placed it by her ear, "Don't normal telephones have a small buzz when you put it to your ear?"

"Yeah, why?" Nya handed the receiver to him, "This one doesn't. It's silent."

Jay listened in, and realised that it wasn't like other telephones. "Odd. Very odd."

Morro finally located the Master of Sound behind a stack of books, "Jacob!"

"Morro?"

"Yeah, I need your help." Jacob sighed and adjusted his glasses, "Don't you still owe me for breaking my guitar?"

The Master of Wind pleaded, "Please, all of our lives are at stake here!"

"How so? Is it a matter of life and death?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, but I have a therapy appointment in half an hour about my dad's friend's daughter's son's son's daughter's cousin's boyfriend's mistress' grandfather's dog's death-"

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Morro grabbed his arm and pulled him away to where everyone was waiting. Cole placed his hands on Jacob's shoulders, sitting him down on the seat, "Jacob. I need you to listen to the room. Listen hard, and listen clear. You got that?"

"O-Okay?" Sighing, he inhaled, exhaled, and went silent. Everyone stared at him anxiously as Jacob stayed calm, nodding his head every now and then.

"2..." Lloyd grabbed a book, "I'm so sorry, books." Ripping a page out, he grabbed his pen and scrawled on what Jacob was saying.

"...5...1...0. 2...5...1...0. Two...Five...One...Zero." His eyes snapped open, "Two, five, one, zero." Skylor stared at him, "What is this, a bank number?"

Nya took the laptop.

Password: 2510
Access Denied

"Okay, so that's not it." Cole groaned. 

Nya started typing, "Wait."

Password: TwoFiveOneZero
Access Denied

"Never mind," she mumbled. Jay frowned, "What if it's a phone number?"

Seliel had said it at the same time. Confusedly, they glanced at each other. Lloyd folded his arms, "Phone numbers have 10 digits."

Nya glanced back at the front desk, "Maybe not that phone." Standing up, she walked over, grabbing the receiver end, and typing the number in. Everyone watched as she listened in. Nya's eyebrows furrowed, before she groaned in annoyance, "It's in Morse Code." Pixal perked up, "I know Morse Code. Here, let me try." Typing the number in, the nindroid closed her eyes. Lloyd's pen hovered over the page he'd ripped out.

"Dash...Dot Dash Dash...Dot Dot...Dash Dot...Dash...Dot Dot Dash...Dot Dot...Dash...Dot Dot...Dash Dash Dash...Dash Dot."

- . - - . . - . - . . . . . - . . - - - - .

Placing the receiver down, Pixal took the pen from Lloyd's grasp, writing down each letter corresponding to the dashes and dots.

T-W-I-N-T-U-I-T-I-O-N

Twintuition

Seliel and Jay exchanged an odd glance between each other. Morro took the laptop and typed it in.

Password: Twintuition
Access Granted

"Holy shi-" Cole was cut off by Zane whacking him lightly.

"Language!"

The next few names were revealed.

Nya Smith 4

Seliel Gordon Walker 3

Cole Brookstone 6

Zane Julien 7

Morro Garmadon 6

Jacob Pevsner 2

Karlof Knowles 2

Nadakhan Djinn - 12

Wu Garmadon - 20

Montgomery Garmadon - 20

"Holy shi- Ow!!"

"Language, Cole!"

"My Dad and uncle are worth twenty million?" Lloyd asked, looking stunned. Nya shrugged, "It adds up to the amount of money stolen from the Gold Bank. 150 million."

"Holy shi-"

"Cole!"

Skylor looked at the list, "My mother definitely has something to do with this." she murmured, "If anything, she could have been the one to make the list in the first place."

Seliel frowned, "Yeah, and what was that last password about? Twintuition?" Jay shrugged, "I think it's time to pay my mother a visit. Seliel, you're coming. We need to get to the bottom of this."

Nya glanced up, "Stay safe." she warned. Jay nodded, "We will."

Welp Imma write a chapter of Wolfblood and Starstruck and spend the rest of the night binging TW baiiiiiiii