Chapter 22

3rd Person POV

After several failed attempts, Amber managed to push Skylor and Lloyd off before sprinting up the basement stairs.

Without hesitation, the others raced after her, as she ran through the open doors and past the barrier. Since Skylor hadn't reached her true potential, Amber could pass the invisible dome as she still had power, though it was weak. Cole, Seliel, Zane and Morro went after them. Pixal had to stay behind, as did Wu and Garmadon.

As they chased after her, the guards managed to follow after too. Skylor stopped, as Amber continued sprinting off, "She's heading for the Palace," she realised, "To the Palace! Now!"

Seliel grabbed her arm and hauled her back, "Are you crazy?! That place is gonna be swarming with guards, and you wanna storm in, guns blazing?"

"Who are we even fighting?" Jay whined, "We have the Royal Family on our asses, and to top that, Skylor's crazy mother is wreaking havoc on us! No offense, Skylor."

Skylor grunted, "None taken, but just think of what would happen if Amber manages to overthrow the Jades."

Nya gently placed a hand on her shoulder, "Sky, the Jades are a screwed up family. They're trying to take down the people that actually have a chance to protect. Do you think the cops would be able to handle it? We were chosen to protect, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

"We're not gonna kill the Jades, we're gonna...send them on a vacation to Kryptarium..." Kai explained, pulling his sword out, "And maybe try to get you to reach your full potential too, Skylor."

The redhead nodded, and looked ahead. Lloyd cleared his throat, "All right, travel in groups, just to be on the safe side. Morro, Zane, we'll go and keep the guards busy. Jay, Nya, Cole, the three of you sneak into the Palace and get the Jades. Kai, Skylor, Seliel, find Amber. Got it?"

They all nodded, and dispersed in said groups upon their arrival at the Palace. Morro signalled to Zane and Lloyd, and they snuck forward, silently taking the guards out one by one. The other six clambered up the high wall, and jumped onto palace grounds, before splitting up.

"Psst, in here." Cole gestured for the other two to join him, as he pushed one of the large windows open, and slipped in, followed by Nya, then Jay.

Landing on the carpeted grounds, they looked around. It was a bedroom. The four-poster bed was neatly made, with green sheets, green pillowcases, and a small teddy resting on the middle of the bed. A variety of branded, untouched perfume bottles were laid out across the dresser, along with several expensive makeup pallets.

"I'm betting you, this is the princess' room." Nya muttered, playing with the curtains. Jay quietly pushed open one of the two double-doors and peered out at the empty corridor, "Coast is clear. Let's roll."

Pulling out his scythe, Cole led them on, creeping down the corridor before stopping. Nya frowned, "What?"

"Floorboards. It'll probably creak. We gotta be careful."

"Unless..." Nya glanced around, before sprinting to a large bookshelf. Placing a foot on it, she pulled herself up, until she reached the top, where a vent was. Jay shook his head, "It won't work, it's bolted down."

Groaning, she jumped back down, landing lightly on the floor, "What if Cole made an earthquake?"

"You two might wanna grab onto something." Summoning his glowing fists, he punched down onto the ground, sending a large shock throughout the palace. The three of them could hear panicked shouts coming from other rooms.

From the other side of the palace, Kai groaned, "This is their brilliant plan to take the Jades? They've probably spooked them into hiding! Okay, once we find Amber, what are we gonna do?"

Skylor held up a pair of vengestone cuffs, "This is our only hope."

"But we can't use our powers if we're holding on to it." Seliel deadpanned. Kai took them and slipped it into his pocket, "We'll swap around every once in a while, so either way at least two of us have access to our powers."

"Sounds like a plan."

From the palace grounds, Morro was suddenly tackled to the ground by a guard.

"Someone tase him now!"

Morro groaned as he felt the pain rushing through his body, weakening him. The same treatment was given to Lloyd, whereas with Zane, somebody clasped chronosteel chains on his wrists. They wouldn't stop his power, but he would be weakened a great deal.

"Take these imposters to the Emperor and Empress at once!"

"Yes, General Hutchins."

So...my indesicive, idiotic self thought it would be cool to write not one, not two, not three, but four books at once! Isn't that wonderful?

The fourth book is called 'God Is A Woman' and it's on my second account alireigoldfish. It's not Ninjago, or HTTYD, but my own original one, including several friends!

But, let's put that all aside now.

------------

Many citizens that live in Beirut were affected when a surprise explosion on August 4th tore apart buildings, killing and injuring many people. Lebanon now really needs help to get through this.

We don't know how many have died and those that have survived are afraid. Hospitals are full, the country's grain reserves were destroyed and parts of the city are in ruins.

We need this to reach out to each and every Government and anyone who can make a change and help right the wrong that has broken many innocent people.

We urgently need the Governments around the world to commit to sending funds and resources to:

help with the search and rescue efforttreat survivorshelp rebuild the city.

Please share and sign this petition to call on Boris Johnson along with leaders of other governments to send funds and resources now and do all you in your power to make sure these people get the help they need to survive.

PS - Also to support, you could donate to charities like the Red Cross and help even more people.

I'll put the link here --> http://chng.it/VTS7MRTxKG