Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

"So where are we headed to?" Seliel asked, as they followed the navigator. Jay peered out through the window, "My house. I think my Mom knows something that we don't." He took out the hitlist; he'd printed out another copy, since Skylor also needed it. Taking a pen from the glove box he circled his and Seliel's name, before folding the paper up and slipping it back into his pocket.

Eventually they reached their destination. Getting out of the car, they headed up the path, to the front door. Jay rang the bell, and the doors opened, revealing a blonde woman with electric blue eyes. "Jay, do come in- who's this?"

"A friend...I think." Libber frowned at Jay's response but let them inside, nevertheless. Jay motioned for Seliel to wait in the living room, as he followed his mother upstairs.

"Mom, do we have any cousins?" Jay asked, as Libber closed up a bottle of nail varnish. She shook her head, "No. You are an only child, and Cliff didn't have any nieces or nephews of his own either, why do you ask?"

Jay showed her the circled names, "What's this then?"

Libber shrugged, "Most likely a typo," she bluffed, "you're an only child, unless your father's been cheating on me. Now, be a good host, and offer your friend something. There's soda in the fridge, and I think there's some weird cheese platter Cliff brought home with him..." her voice trailed off as she headed into the en suite to wash the clay mask off her face. Jay stared at his reflection in the vanity mirror, and stared down at the wide assortment of makeup. Behind the framed photo of Cliff holding a Grammy, something caught his eye. Frowning, he picked it out, careful not to jostle anything.

It was a sonogram. There were two outlines, symbolising two heartbeats- wait. Two heartbeats? That's not possible, unless...

His eyes skimmed to the bottom of the photo, where there was a small caption in small print.

Ninjago City Hospital 03/01 - 5 months along/21 weeks along
Patient name: Libber Walker
Father's name: Cliff Gordon
Foetus Gender: M/F

Twins. Libber had twins. And Jay had his suspicions on who the second twin was. Shoving the sonogram into his pocket, he headed down the corridor into the study. Opening cupboards, he searched through documents, but it was mainly contracts and old plane tickets.

Shoving the pile back, he rummaged through boxes, but it was all photos of Cliff at red carpet events. Some pictures featured Libber and him in it too.

He pulled out books, flipping through pages, all of them leading to dead ends. He blinked, as he placed the books back. It had just hit him; he was a twin. He had been lied to this entire time...by his own parents.

Sighing, he leaned against the bookcase, before he noticed one of the cupboard doors ajar. Frowning, he crept towards it and kneeled down, pulling the box out, opening the lid.

The first thing he saw was a birth certificate. His birth certificate. Under that was a picture, of Libber in a hospital bed cradling two babies. One was wrapped in blue, the other in pink. If his hunch was correct, that other baby was Seliel. 

Taking the picture, he noticed another picture. It was more crumpled. Another woman sat beside Libber cradling the baby girl. Next to her was another man. Jay dug through the box, he found yet another picture. This time it was Libber, Cliff and Baby-Jay...but the second baby was nowhere in sight. That couple must've taken them. Sighing, he took the photos, and put the box back, leaving the study.

He nodded towards Seliel, "Come on, let's go."

"But what about your moth-"

"She knows." He lied. Shrugging, she slipped her phone away and they headed to the car. Once they were buckled up, Jay turned to Seliel, "Do you know your parents' address?"

"Yeah, why?"

Jay nodded, "Looks like you and I are going on a road trip to..." he saw Seliel type in the location, "...the Sea of Sands?"

"Close to it. Ed and Edna's Scrap 'n' Junk. Have you ever heard of it?"

"Nope."

"Let's go. It's been a while since I've visited anyways..."

YES IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER, I KNOW! IT JUST FELT RIGHT TO LEAVE IT THERE! Next chapter we will be rejoining Skylor, Nya and the supposed mother of Skylor! At least...that's what I'm planning...

𝓐𝓵𝓲 𝓡𝓮𝓲 𝓖𝓸𝓵𝓭🍭