Chapter 8

Lloyd's POV

The Royal Family were long gone. Someone in blue catches my eye, and I frown. Breaking into a sprint I find myself chasing Jay out through the woods until I finally tackle him to the ground.

"What the hell?" He yelled. Glaring, I get off of him, pick him up and push him up against the tree, "Tell me, who the hell are you?"

"J-Jay Walker-"

"No, idiot! You and I both know you're just a normal human, who doesn't have powers so stop lying to yourself and get the hell out!" I roared into his face. He glared at me.

"If that's the case, how come your uncle hasn't seen to it. Oh, that's right, because he knows I'm an Elemental Master."

"He's old. Sometimes he forgets." I grunt angrily, "Some word of advice: Nya doesn't like liars. Keep that in mind."

"Yeah? She also doesn't like men making decisions for her."

"You don't know shit about her!" I fume, "You just waltz in using dear old dad's fame and money, and get everyone to fall head over heels for you. I'm only gonna tell you this once; stay the hell away from her."

"You know I can't do that. It's her choice to make, not yours. So do you mind backing the hell up and leaving me alone?"

Not knowing what to say, I let go of him and he fell to the ground. I march off back to the school.

LATER THAT NIGHT...

I scroll through my phone, "So, that was crazy, right? Pixal throwing hands at Harumi like that!"

"Yeah, sure." Frowning, I looked over at Nya, whose back was turned to me as she faced the wall. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What do you think?" She snapped.

"Listen, I'm sorry-"

"Sorry for what? Sorry for trying to kiss me or sorry for threatening Jay?" My heart stopped, and my blood ran cold, "H-He told you?"

She finally turned to face me, "Yes, he told me! Who do you think you are, telling him to stay away from me?"

"I just thought it would be best for you-"

"Best for me? I'm seventeen, not seven! I know how to make choices on my own! You know what, screw this." She got out of bed and headed for the door. I prop myself up on my elbow, "Where are you going?"

"Why should I tell you? So you can micromanage me again? I'm good, thanks."

"Nya, where are you going?"

"You're gonna have to do a lot more than that-"

Without thinking, I summoned a ball of energy and aimed it at her. It hit the wall, just missing her, "Where the hell are you going?"

The walls of this place were anything but paper-thin. She ran out of the room without a final glance, slamming the door behind her. Nya and I have never fought before. Sure, we've had several fallouts here and there, but by the end of the day we'd be laughing at those.

Sighing, I fall back onto my bed. Maybe she'll come back tomorrow at early dawn. The curfew was about to go up; I doubt she'd get anywhere within then.

❀❀❀

I was wrong. So very wrong.

My day started when Kai burst through the door, followed by Skylor "Is she here?" I rub my eyes and blink rapidly until the world shifts into place, "What?"

"Nya. We were supposed to go out to visit Mom and Dad. She said she'd be in my dorm by eight." Reaching over, I grab my phone. It was almost 10. Last night's memories came flooding back, "W-We had a fight, and she just stormed out."

"Stormed out? Zane, try her phone." From the doorway, Zane types something into his phone.

All of your friends have been here for too long
They must be waiting for you to move on

Girl, I'm not with it, I'm way too far gone

I'm not ready, eyes heavy now-

Kai opened the dresser drawer, where her phone was, "So she left her phone." Skylor picked up a coat hanging on the wardrobe door, I noticed her shoes by the door, where we usually leave them, "Let's hope the weather's nice." She murmured, peering out through the window, "When did she run out, Lloyd?"

"Um...just before curfew." Kai massaged his forehead, "We need to find her. She's out there, in the cold, barefoot, a-and..." He sighed shakily. Skylor hugged him, "We'll find her. I promise, Kai."

Jumping out of bed, I hurriedly brush my teeth and pull on some clothes.

I did this. I did all of this. 

I am such an idiot.