Chapter 23

3rd Person POV

"My, my, what do we have here?"

"Trespassers, your Majesty. They seem to have elemental powers."

The Empress nodded, "Is this all of them?"

"Just the ones we caught."

"Their friends must not be too far then. Go and find them."

"Of course."

The guards raced off, and the Emperor glared at Morro, Lloyd and Zane, "Hmm...what might your elements be then?"

"Wind, Energy and Ice." Everyone looked up to see Amber striding towards them, "Little brats, they are." The Empress narrowed her eyes, "Who might you be?"

"The ones who led them right to you. And...I hate to brag but...future ruler of Ninjago too. That earthquake you heard? That was summoned by the master of Earth." 

"I see...thank you for the advice, however...you're not getting the throne. You don't have the proper skills and etiquette for it."

"Yeah? Well, neither do you!" Kai called out lazily, entering the room, followed by Skylor and Seliel. The Empress suddenly whispered to her husband, "Why does his hair look like it's been struck by lightning?"

"I heard that!"

"Now is not the time, Kai!" Seliel hissed, drawing her katana. From behind, someone placed a pair of handcuffs on both the Royal Rulers. It was Cole and Jay. Following after them was Nya, pulling a girl with bleached blonde hair along, who was also in chains, "Caught the brat too."

"How?" Skylor asked, stunned. Morro peered over Cole's shoulder to see a huge human pile of unconscious guards, "Damn."

Amber chuckled, "Well, you lot have made my job a whole lot easier now, haven't you?" Taking the crown off of the Emperor's head, she lowered it onto her own, "I now crown myself-"

Cole ran forward and kicked the crown out of her hands, "Not today."

Meanwhile, Seliel and Skylor quietly undid the chains off of Lloyd, Morro and Zane, as Kai snuck behind Amber, vengestone cuffs on hand.

"All of you will be sentenced to the dungeons-"

"Oh, put a sock in it, old man!" Lloyd snapped, wringing his wrists, "Amber, you are under arrest for the attempted kidnapping and murder of Skylor Chen, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you."

Everyone stared at Lloyd, dumb-struck as he recalled the Miranda Rights. The teen simply shrugged, "What? I watch a lot of cop shows." Kai blinked as he snapped the cuffs on Amber, "I thought you thought that they were 'boring' and that 'a baby could do that in their sleep.'"

Lloyd simply shrugged sheepishly, "Turns out I was wrong...they're pretty cool."

Jay pulled out his phone to call the police to bring a car. Nya laughed, "I actually expected there to be a lot of fighting. I mean, there was fighting, but this was so...calm."

It wasn't long until the sound of sirens was heard. The door burst open and police officers spilled in, guns drawn, "What in tarnation's going on? Why is the Royal Family tied up?!"

Morro cleared his throat, "Um...I'm glad I did my fair share of reading. Allow me to explain. My grandfather, the First Spinjitzu Master, wrote a set of rules, one of them being that the Elemental Masters are the world's saviours, and are not to be punished. Upon taking the role of the Royal Family, they defied the one law that shouldn't have been broken: make us outlaws."

The Commissioner blinked, "We'll take them into holding, but I'll need some proof." Morro nodded and promised to swing by the station later on with it.

The Royal Family and Amber made protests as they were hauled into the backseats of cop cars, and driven away.

"It's over!" Cole breathed, "It's really over! Our first mission!" Seliel lightly punched Morro's arm, "Is that why you've been obsessing over History Class?"

Nodding, Morro beamed, "I was helping Dad file some stuff, and I came across a scroll written in ancient Norse, dated back to when the First Spinjitzu Master was around, and I used a translator to figure out what it says. It was the first set of laws ever written, with strict instructions to never defy them."

Wu entered the room, followed by Garmadon and Pixal, "I must say, we wouldn't have had a chance if Morro never spotted it. I'm extremely proud of each and every one of you. And I think it's safe to say that the future of Ninjago City looks bright."

"However," Garmadon spoke up, "This isn't an excuse to slack off. This will require hard work, and perseverance. Are you up for it?"

Exchanging glances, they nodded excitedly. Wu clapped his hands.

"Well, we've just found the warriors of Ninjago City. Let's roll!"

 One more chapter and then the epilogue! At least...that's what I'm planning-

K, baiii