Chapter 25

3rd Person POV

After so much effort, the hall was finally ready. It was wedding time.

Kai stood at the altar, adjusting the collar of his shirt awkwardly. Lloyd stood beside him, as they waited. Wu stood in the middle, as the officiator.

On the front aisle, Chen sat with Clouse, who was holding a box of tissues in one hand, a small bag filled with used tissues in the other. On the other side, Ray and Maya sat, hands interlocked as they beamed at their son. Everyone else was seated next to each other waiting.

The doors opened, and Skylor walked in, arm in arm with Nya. Everyone stood up respectfully. The redhead had an excited grin on her face, as they slowly made their way to the pier. Nadakhan had brought his wife too, and they were sitting hand in hand, watching the bride.

Chen blew his nose, putting the tissue in the bag and taking another tissue from the box. Maya rested her head on Ray's shoulder as Kai took Skylor's hand, and helped her up. Nya went and stood between her mother and Jay, as the wedding commenced.

Wu nodded, "Please be seated." Kai and Skylor exchanged an excited glance as everyone sat down.

"Friends, colleagues, gawking citizens. We're here today to celebrate the marriage of Kai Smith and Skylor Chen. I've known you both for the last 18 to 19 years and it has been a true pleasure to watch your distracting childish rivalry evolve into a distracting childish courtship, and now into now what I'm sure will be a distracting childish marriage. I'm proud of you, and I love you both."

"Permission to say it back?" Kai asked. Wu nodded, smiling.

"Love you too, Master Wu."

"Love you, Sensei."

"Now, I believe you prepared your own vows?"

Kai nodded, and looked at Skylor, his eyes shining with tears, "Sky, when we first met, I hated your living guts, but, look where we are at now; about to get married. These past couple of days have been hectic, but I'm not complaining, because I've gotten to spend them with you.

I cannot wait, until we move out, and into our own little home, start a family, own a small bakery and grow old together. When I'm with you, I feel like anything is possible. You are my best friend, my other half, my soulmate. I love you."

The audience cooed, and Chen blew his nose again, nodding happily as tears rolled down his cheeks. Clouse awkwardly patted his shoulder, "There there, it's alright..."

"I used to think that you were so full of yourself, and that we're never going to end up even being friends. Life is unpredictable, not everything is in our control, but when I'm with you, I feel like I'm on Cloud Nine. Nothing worries me. You always know when something is wrong, and you can always tell when I'm upset and you always know how to cheer me up, so yes, Kai Smith, I am more than excited to start this new chapter in life with you by my side."

Wu smiled and nodded, "The rings, please." 

Jay rummaged in his pockets, and his face turned red, "Um...so...they sort of...jumped out of my pocket and took a walk to...somewhere?" Kai shot Jay with a death glare, and Skylor laughed, "It's okay, we'll deal with it later."

"Very well, let's move on-"

Dareth sprinted up to them, "I got it!" He handed them to Wu, who handed one to Kai and one to Skylor, "Let's continue."

"I, Kai, take you, Skylor, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us apart."

"I, Skylor, take you, Kai, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us apart." Tears were in both of their eyes, as they stared at each other, love-struck.

"If there are any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace."

The room was silent, except from Chen's sniffles.

"Well, in that case, in the name of my father, I'd like to announce that your honeymoon vacation request status has been moved from Pending to Approved. You're married. You may kiss."

Everyone applauded as Kai lifted Skylor's veil and pressed his lips on hers.

This was it. This was their happy ending.

Can y'all guess which show the wedding's from?