September 3rd 2014 (Same day)

I prepare myself as Joe walks toward the library, followed by Stella and Luis. I wonder how he will react; hopefully not in a violent way. Just as he reaches the front entrance he sees me through the window watching him; then his eyes flash to the door, which has no barricade. He walks up to the front door and opens it without trouble.

"Why is the door un -" he stopped after spotting Freya and Oscar leaning up against the window. "Who are they?" he asked looking at me.

"This is Freya and Oscar." I mumbled, looking at the ground.

"Can I talk to you Em?" Joe said walking towards the Romance aisle.

"I let them in too." Winter stepped forward. Joe turned and smiled at her.

"Yeah - well I want to talk to Emmeline." He looked over to me and his smile faded, meaning he was angry. With me particularly. I followed him through the library until he stopped, turning to face me again.

"Look Joe -"

"Are you crazy?" he asked me. I stood there silently, I may as well let him talk; no point arguing. "Letting them in with only 2 people here; without me. That's was so dangerous and stupid Em, what if they killed you and took the library. What if we came back after you were dead to be ambushed by them? Do you even know what kind of people they are?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I needed to bash the truth of why they're here out of them." I snapped. That was harsh; and I could tell he thought so too. He looked hurt, like I had just killed his puppy. "That was rude."

"No. I get it." he looked away. "I deserve that."

"No you don't." I mumbled. He rested his head on the bookshelf.

"I deserve that. Just not from you." He said. My mouth fell slightly open. "I deserve that from someone as innocent as Winter." Was he actually comparing him beating people to a pulp to get information to me killing James for protection? I can't believe it. I turned around, my intention of walking away; but he was too quick to grab my arm. "I didn't mean it."

"No, it's nice to know what you really think." I smiled weakly.

"That's not what I think though." He blurted.

"Then what! What do you really think Joe cause I can't think I'm your friend one minute then you be a complete asshole to me the next, so tell me? Do you think I'm a killer?" I yelled. He was silent, just looking at me blankly. "Nothing to say now?"

"I -"

"No. You said it without needing to speak. If you hate me why do you even bother talking to me?" I interrupted.

"I don't hate you?"

"Then what?" I yelled. I don't know why I was so worked up; I guess I thought he was my friend and I hate being lied to.

"I'm confused." He shouted at me. I crossed my arms and leaned against the bookshelf, waiting for him to continue. "I'm confused about what I think."

"It's a pretty straight forward thought." I said.

"No - not about whether I think you're a killer or not." He looked at me, studying my face. "I - I am just mad about letting other people in the group."

"It's not a problem." I said but he rolled his eyes.

"Yes it is." He crossed his arms. "We don't have the space."

"In a library?" I scoffed.

"In houses, in cars."

"Other people are surviving." I said.

"So what? We'll just get 2 cars?" he asked, and I nodded.

"It's not as bad as you think it is." I disagreed.

"We'll have to get twice as much petrol."

"I'll get the petrol." I sighed. "I don't want to throw them out on their asses and be responsible for yet another person's death."

"I understand, but I care too much about you - all." He looked at the ground. "I can't bring myself to trust them." Just as he finished Stella walked up to us; knowing she was interrupting something.

"What are we going to do?" she asked. Joe sighed and looked at her, shrugging his shoulders.

"They have to go."

"No, Joe, I'm sorry but I can't let them leave." I interrupted.

"You can leave with them then." He whispered, still looking at Stella. But I stared at him; and I wasn't going to look away.

"A few days ago you begged me not to go with James." I muttered. He pressed his lips together and looked at me, pained.

"Well, you didn't threaten the safety of my group." He couldn't mean what he was saying. He couldn't truly think that.

"Joe." I grabbed his hand, and squeezed it in mine. "I need you to trust Me." he took a deep breath in and out, but remained silent. He doesn't trust me; and the quicker I realise that, the better off I am. "You don't do you." I asked. He didn't nod, nor shake his head. He just stood there, studying my face like he always does. "I guess I'll be going then." I let go and turned, waiting for him to stop me. But there was no more talking, just silence as I walked away. He didn't care. I walked all the way to the two intruders sitting against the window, with Winter and Luis, and smiled at them.

"What's the verdict?" Oscar asked me. He had taken off his hoodie, so I could now see his shaggy blondish brownish hair that just covered his forehead. He had big brown eyes and long black eyelashes that nearly reached his eyebrows.

"You can't stay." I mumbled. They looked at each other dolefully. "So I'm coming with you."

"What?" Winter said standing.

"Joe wouldn't let them stay; and I wouldn't let them go. So he told me to leave with them." I muttered expressionless. I still wasn't quite getting the situation.

"That's absurd." Luis said, but it wasn't.

"You don't have to come with us." Freya said. "If you want to stay with your friends, we'd understand."

"I can't have another person's blood on my hands." I replied.

"They'll be fine." Winter said, but I held up my hand to silence her.

"I made my decision, and so has Joe. You all have no say." I snapped. Winter sat back down; crossing her arms.