September 21st 2014 (Same Day)

I get in the car with Wren already starting up the engine. He hasn't said a word to me; maybe he heard the fight. Maybe he heard what I said to Hudson. The engine rumbled and we lurched forward, heading down the front drive.

"What time should we get back?" I asked. He sighed, not looking at me.

"Just after lunch." He sounded bored. He was so nice to me last night; but now this. Something he has heard, or someone has told him, has made him change his mind. I should ask him, seeing as we will be spending the day together.

"Did I do something?" I asked.

"Nope." He lied. I sighed and looked out the window, of course he wouldn't tell me.

"I know I have." I said. "You're a really bad liar."

"Well, a few things you've said weren't that flash either." He laughed bitterly.

"You heard me this morning." I sighed.

"The whole of Dallas heard you." We turned onto the street.

"I didn't mean it."

"Sure sounded like it." he interrupted.

"Ruby threatened me." I blurted out. I regretted saying it once the words came out of my mouth.

"What?" he scoffed. "She threatened you?"

"I wasn't meant to tell you." I whispered.

"Does Hudson know?" he asked.

"Yes but he doesn't care." I explained. "Just drop it."

"What did she say?" he asked ignoring my last comment.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said, making him stop the car.

"Tell me."

"Drive; do you know how dangerous this is!" I said looking out the window. I could already see a Walker approaching the car.

"If I go again, will you tell me." he asked.

"I don't know you!"

"Okay." He said putting his hands behind his head; pretending to relax.

"FINE!" I yelled. He smiled at me and started the car again, hitting the gas and speeding off. "She said I couldn't go near Hudson or she'll make me leave." He remained silent. "Say something!"

"What am I meant to say?" he laughed.

"You're doing the right thing? Good on you?" I laughed running my fingers through my hair. I might've laughed, but I needed to hear this. I needed to know what I did was correct, and not a mistake.

"You did the right thing. It was either that or the street." He tried to turn the wheel, but it didn't move. I watched him as he pulled at it, and I begin to sit up. I looked at him and he started to panic.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"The wheel has seized up and I have to turn the corner." He pulled the wheel to the right.

"Shit." I said also grabbing the wheel. I pulled with him, but it didn't budge. "Get ou -" but I didn't say it in time; we smashed into the tree. I must've hit my head because I blacked out.