September 10th 2014

"This should be the last fill up guys." Oscar called to us. Freya ended up picking a jeep, but it always needed a lot of fuel. We had been driving and camping out for a week now; raiding cars by the side of the road for petrol. But this time we had found an overgrown petrol station, a big truck blocking the view of it from main streets. We had only found it because we were going to sleep in the back of the truck. It still had a bit of fuel left in the machines, so if you tilted the nozzle a certain way, we'd get some. We had been standing here for about 20 minutes, Oscar filling gup and Freya and I on guard. We had crossed over into Texas, and we're heading for a farm just outside of Dallas.

"Will you be alright if we go inside?" I asked Oscar. If it's a true gas station it will have food.

"Of course, bring back something for me." he said. "I'm nearly full anyway." I nodded and smiled at him, putting my gun down and joining Freya on the walk to the main shop. We had worked out a technique where we would knock, and see if anyone came to the door; human or Walker. We reached the door and I knocked, waiting a few seconds, but no one answered. Freya, tried to open the door, but it didn't budge.

"Locked?" I asked, but she shook her head.

"Rusted together." She stepped back, looking at the food we could see inside. I looked down at my feet, and saw a big rock literally right next to my foot. I bent over and picked it up, looking from it to the door. I smiled, realising what I was going to do.

"Move." I laughed.

"What?" she asked looking at the rock. I swung it back and forward, until I released it at the door. The glass smashed, making a loud clatter as it hit the ground. "Are you crazy?" Freya asked laughing.

"I'm hungry." I said kicking the rest of the glass in so we could get through. I squeezed in-between the door frames, avoiding bits of glass I had left. Once inside I looked around. This place was like a gold mine. A few spots on shelves were missing food, but other than that, everything was there. Chips, lollies, Water, juice, everything I hadn't had in ages. Walk to the chip aisle while Freya walked to the drink station. I picked up all the chips I could hold; most of them being Smiths Original; but it didn't matter. I walked back to the door and threw them out the glass hole, not bothering going out because I was getting more. I went back and piled up again, heading back to the door and emptying just outside. I then went to the lolly aisle and piled up, thinking you can never have enough sweets. While I was doing that Freya walked past me carrying close to maybe 15 water bottles in her arms. I picked up enough packets of gummy bears and walked to the door, actually going outside this time. I carried them to the back of the jeep and opened the boot, emptying them in there. I walked back to the door and picked up some and put them in the boot; Freya going back for the remainder. Just as she reached the jeep, Oscar was putting the nozzle back and closing the fuel cap.

"Everybody in." Freya said walking around to the front seat. Oscar took passenger seat and I took the seat directly behind him. I watched as Freya started the car, only learning how to yesterday. "So what are you thinking Em?" she asked, lurching the car forward.

"Thinking?" I asked smiling.

"Are you going to stay?" she asked.

"Of course." I had already decided this the second day being with them. Freya was once a mother so she has the protective vibe to her; always being kind and fair. Then Oscar is just a 19 year old who used to work at Coles; he wasn't mean or violent, he definitely wasn't a bounty hunter. I missed my old group - a lot; but what can I do, I'm 4 states away from them.

"Great!" Oscar smiled at me through the mirror on the outside of the car. "You'll really like them farm."

"I love farms. I used to live on one." I mumbled.

"Why haven't you told us that?" Freya asked while turning out onto the street.

"I don't know." I realised, I didn't know. It's not like it's a big secret.

"Well, tell that to Ruby and you'll be fine." Oscar laughed.

"Ruby?" I repeated.

"It's her farm." Freya said. So Oscar didn't own the farm.