Prologue

Eddard POV

The rebellion was over, after a year of fighting the dragons; House Targaryen was almost extinct. Rhaegar had fallen at the trident at Roberts own hand, the golden lion of Lannister had stormed the red keep slaughtering the mad king Aerys Targaryen, even Rhaegar's own children and the Dornish princess Rheagar had betrayed for Eddards own sister Lyanna.

Only the Dragon Queen Rhaella and her son Viserys remained on Dragonstone, Rhaella had been big with child when they had fled to the east. Eddard had helped his good friend and good brother win the throne but what he had lost out weighed a crown and a throne, he had lost his father Rickard and his brother Brandon to The Mad King's actions.

Robert hadn't sought the throne, it was his wife Lyanna he had started the war for and it was Lyanna that he had lost. Eddard had found her on her deathbed he had been to late and she died. He returned to Winterfell with a bastard and his sisters bones, the two things that saddened him the most. After he had buried Lyanna alongside his father and brother, no matter what cloak was put upon her shoulders she was still a Stark and always will be.

After Lyannas death Robert was left with a son and a daughter the only things of his wife that remained to him. He remarried to Cersei Lannister two years later. Fourteen years went by, another rebellion, a Greyjoy rebellion rose and fell as the Stag King held on to his crown, until now.