Chapter 4

Torrhen POV

In the yard the boys fight each other first Robb against Theon then Torrhen against Robb. Torrhen matched Robb until they both slipped in mud and crashed to the floor wih a loud thump. Lyarra walks in to the yard as heads turn to her silence comes over the men. She isnt wearing her swordbelt on her hip her breeches and tunic are to big for her as he thinks who will fight his sister first when he notices that she grabs a tourney sword.

"Who wants to fight me?" Laughter erupts and Torrhen smiles at their ignorance. "No one? Theon will you fight me?" He nodded amused with that stupid smile he always wore. His sister fights the kraken with such force Theon falls within the first few strikes. Silence comes over the crowd of men. Robb fights her next even if her strength didn't compare to his she was faster than him.

He fell soon aswell afterall Torrhen and Lyarra had both been trained to fight by Ser Barristan the bold. She fought others like the Karstark boys and some squires. He watches her evaluates her movements everything. She has waited for this her entire life. She inherited the fierceness their father had she may not be as strong as the men but she had natural skill.

"Brother will you fight me?" He smiled a jolly smile "Of course sister." She was tired as she waits for him to move, he slashes to her left side she blocks him easily and tapped his left leg with the sword she was fast but Torrhen was stronger so he locks swords with her. As she pushes her body to the side to avoid being hit he pulls his sword away and slashes her stomach but not before her sword is pressing against his shoulder. Both laugh and hug as the crowd stand gawping at the both of them.

Torrhen feels eyes on them he looks up to see Eddard Stark looking proudly at the both of them. In the kennels he could hear his direwolf Orys whom he had named after the founder of his house, who slayed the last of the storm kings for Aegon the conquerer. He leaves the yard to go to the crypt to say his goodbyes to the family he knew for less than a year and to prepare for war.

Jon POV

Standing in the tower he had seen the fights between the men and the woman that was the princess. He smiles to himself Arya would be like that if Lady Stark would let her. He had planned to go to the wall and take the black before the talk of war had started. He couldn't leave now he owed it to his father to protect him and Robb. House Stark must carry on as his father Eddard knew that better than most. Lady Stark was meant to be Brandons wife not Eddards, after Brandons death Eddard had wed her in his place.

He thought of the mother he had never known I will bring honour to you aswell he looks at the princess out of the window. She has the Stark look to her just like me "Jon did you see her defeat all those men?" An excited Arya asks him he faces her with a smile "Yes maybe oneday she could teach you to weild a sword."

A voice pierced the air "Do not fill her head with things like that. Arya you are a lady now you must act like one. The princess can do as she likes because of her status. Go to the Septa now." Lady Catelyn stands tall compared to her youngest daughter. "Yes mother." Arya sulks off to do her stitches. "Go away bastard." She spat he bows and walks down the steps, he walks to the Godswood to pray for all the men who are going to war with him on the morrow.

Hearing leaves rustling behind him he turns to see his father entering. "Jon you are not required to fight this war. You can still leave and take the black." Standing to face his father "I must fight this war, you and Robb are going so as am I." "You are my boy as is Robb. But if I fall you must return and protect our family." His fathers hand on his shoulder "Promise me Jon." "Of course I promise." Jon turned to the weirwood tree "Before the gods I swear I will protect your family." "They are your family as well." "No I'm not a Stark." His father moved to face him. "You may not have my name but you have my blood and sometimes blood is enough." With that Jon was left alone in the Godswood looking at the red leaves.

Lyarra POV

"So you're the snow of Winterfell?" She stood where Eddard had stood. Lyarra walks closer to him as he turns to look at her. "Why haven't I seen you during my stay?" His grey eyes meet hers "Lady Stark thought it disrespectful to allow royalty to mix with bastards." She smiles "Bastards and royalty mixes constantly. My father has so many I stopped counting after ten."

Shock washes over Jons face. "Edric and Gendry are my favourite half brothers. Gendry is a Smith in Storms End by now. Edric was raised there just like you were raised here." His voice is cold "There is no honour in bastards." She laughs loudly "There is no honour in life, in war or in love. Honour is something we all stride for but fail at reaching, as my father found out when Tywin Lannister presented him with the bodies of Rheagars children. His honour died there and then when he allowed the murdering fucker live."

Jon gives her a confused look as she smiles. "If he had killed him and the Mountain maybe Dorne would respect us more and his honour would still exist." "Why are you here?" "Because you interest me Jon. You are ashamed of your bastard status but yet you are proud of it aswell." "You would be ashamed aswell if you were a bastard." "Shame? Jon you should never be ashamed of who you are. You cannot change it so embrace it and it cannot be used to hurt you." With that Lyarra walked away.