Chapter 11

Torrhen POV

The Measter looks at his leg and decides to take it that day.  He swallows the dreamwine he is given. The Maester saws through his flesh as the pain makes him want to vomit, scream and punch everyone in the face. Jon and Lyarra restrain his arms, as the blade touches bone he passes out but awakes as it begins to grind through.

Jon punches him in the face knocking him out, but he wakes again as the blade breaks the bone. "Brother you have done so well. All you need to do is take deep breaths." Torrhen grabs his sister violently and slaps her. Jon again punches him. This time he doesn't wake until it has been done. Lyarra gives him milk of the poppy and lets him sleep as the wound his sealed with fire.

Eddard POV

They approach Winterfell to see smoke, Eddard felt terrified he'd lost his family, his home. The gate opens and he marches in to see his beautiful southern wife covered in dirt. "Cat what happened here?" "Oh my lord." She runs to him and throws herself in his arms. "The ironborn attacked us, we fought them off as best we could."

Her eyes dart around as she looks for her first born son. "Where is Robb?" "The Dreadfort." She falls to her knees weeping. "Cat what's wrong?" "They - they put it to the sword." Her words made him feel sick. He turned to his men "Half of you will stay here and protect her the other half will follow me." His wife was ushered away by her maids.

Little Rickon and his black wolf run up to him asking where Robb is. In shock, he hands his youngest son to his eldest daughter Sansa. Jory puts his hand on his shoulder and says "I'll lead a group to the Dreadfort. My lord. I will do my best to find him." Ned moves to his horse and mounts. " I'll lead it Jory." "Aye my lord. If it be your wish." They leave Winterfell and make for the Dreadfort.

Lyarra POV

She looks down as her brother's fever runs its course. He lays there still as a corpse. In the day he'd been asleep the Maester barely leaving his side for an hour at most. If I'd been there he'd still have his leg. She leaves his side only to sleep. Guilt keeps her awake, memories of his screams and blood make her feel more dead than alive.

Jon visits her in the morning and asks her about Torrhen but she still feels empty. She only feels something when she is by his side. When she enters the tent she sees a white sheet covering the bed and Torrhen. No he can't be. She waited to see him throw back the cover smiling, laughing for he had accomplished in scaring her.

But this time everything was different. Sounds, smells everything is different less innocent. The Maesters face confirms her worst fears. She wants to weep but she cannot for she is her brothers trueborn heir. "His heart gave up Your Grace. He died in his sleep, dreaming" She walks away from them to her sadness she must annouce that she is the Queen of the seven kingdoms. The men begin to return to their duties as the silent sisters arrive to tend to thier kings body.

Jon POV

He gives the Queen his sympathies but she doesn't even acknowledge him. She's too far in to her grief  to notice anyone even him. I will love you always Lyarra but I must do what is best for us both. You are not a wild princess now you are a fierce queen. She will marry a man who will rule the kingdoms for her and he knows that to secure his houses claim on Casterly Rock, he must marry a Lannister.

The bastard born from incest is a pure Lannister and she would make a good, little wife. I will marry Myrcella Waters. His thoughts turned back to his Queen. How would she react, she has lost her father, maidenhead, brother and now lover. The young girl has been through a lot. This may break her.

He walks to her chambers like a condemned man awaiting the sword. He enters with a knock. "Your Grace I would like to speak to you." She turns to him her figure enhanced by a silk dress she wears. "My lord, what can I do for you?" He walks close to her their bodies touching. Sadness in the room was apparent to him but to others she hid it well.

"You're not really here to talk are you?" He wanted to pull back and say why he was really her but her lips and breasts drove him mad. With a touch of their lips a night of forbidden passion began soon after he had her on the bed, floor, chair and even against the wall. Each time his seed filled her up she hugged him and held him close. Neither one knew what the morning would bring so they enjoyed eachother as they liked. With both their bodies drained they fell in to a deep sleep together upon the very bed she had given him her maidenhead on.

Eddard POV

They find the Dreadfort to be a shell. The walls are barely walls just burned stone. The courtyard is littered with dead both ironborn and Winterfell men. Ned dismounts and begins to look for his heirs auburn hair. And when he find it his heart breaks, the boy was naked, nailed to a wall with a letter from the golden kraken on his chest.

He takes it off the boys body and reads it 'You will feel this pain two more times, Stark.' Ned wanted to kill that bastard squid right here and now but he had his son to deal with. "Jory help me." Both of them pull him away from the wall and place him on a table. Eddard covers his son with a blanket. "Someone find a cart for the dead. They're coming home to be buried."

The Stark men are taken with them along with his son and his wife Jeyne who had been savaged by the ironborn. With his eldest dead Eddard was terrified for his other sons. I have to go home to protect them. Just as he's about to leave he sees a raven fly into the maesters tower. So he goes to retrieve the message it brings. Dark wings, dark words.

He reads of Torrhens death he feels as if he's going to be sick. A piece of his sister is now dead. He thinks of all of her children. Promise me Ned. Oh how had failed that one simple promise. They make thier way back to Winterfell with a cart full of bodies and the letter.