Chapter 6

Torrhen POV

Walking in the Godswood at Riverrun was much different to the one at Winterfell, the trees were different everything was all apart from the heart tree that had seen things the living has long forgotten. The eyes were the worst thing about the tree, they cry red as they look at him accusingly it's as if they know he's a southerner, Lyarra was northern. These are her gods. The gods of the Starks.

He follows the faith as he always has been taught. He stands before the heart tree and smiles. Before a minute he hears a deep voice interrupt his thoughts. "Your Grace Robb Stark requests your presence." He turns and sees the Stark bastard. "Thank you Jon. Being a bastard must be hard even for you." "Aye t'is but I've had it better than most." The boy more stark than any trueborn Stark escorts him to Robbs chambers. He enters the room to see the boy is half dressed.

"Your Grace. Your sister has offended many of the men here. Her display in Winterfell has soured many peoples views of her. For her own protection she must leave here." "Robb I appreciate your concern but my sister can protect herself." Torrhen looks at the boy "You love her don't you?" Watching him nod his heart broke for the lad. "You cannot have her Robb. Jon is sending her to Casterly Rock to wed Tyrion Lannister. She will finally bring peace." Robb pales and takes a seat. "The Imp? I can give her the respect she deserves not the Imp." Torrhen stands tall above him. "It's not respect we need it's peace." With that he left the young Stark alone.

Oberyn POV

"You promised us vengeance and you give us a marriage proposal instead, have your wits left you?" Oberyn Martell knew the rest of Westoros were deceitful bastards but this is an insult. Jon Arryn rose to meet his eyes "We cannot move until the lions move first." "Why?" He spat in his direction. "They may still want peace. We must wait for news from them. Calm yourself your sister will see justice for the cruel murder of her and her children."

"Words are wind." With that Oberyn leaves the room where Renly Baratheon, Eddard Stark, Edmure Tully, Jon Arryn, Stannis Baratheon and Mace Tyrell sat planning for a war that may never begin. Elleria lay sleeping in his chambers so he retreated. Her olive skin shone against the sheets as he undressed and slips in beside her. "My prince is troubled." She says as she turns to face him and plants a kiss upon his lips.

Eddard POV

As to be expected Oberyn had wanted to return to Dorne with his forces. There was one thing that could keep them here, marriage. Robb and Arianne Martell. Neds own son had agreed to the marriage, Lyarra is going to marry Tyrion when there is peace, he pitied the children that loved eachother but could not love. He goes to the stables and has his horse readied for him. "Uncle are you leaving us?" The girl leans against the wall. "I must know Tywins plans."

"I will accompany you." "No." "Yes Tyrion should know me, I am to be his wife." Eddard nods glumly as the girl readies her our horse." He looks at her clothing black breeches, a golden and black tunic, Her and the horse are almost one. Lyarra whistles loudly and a black direwolf with purple eyes creeps to her side. "If he is to have my hand he can have my Night aswell." "Suggest we leave her here Lyarra. If you attacks someone a war will start." The shakes her head "She will never leave my side."

Looking at the girl who reminds him of the sister he lost he nods. "Where is your brother?" "With a local whore." She looks at him with coldness in her eyes "He's not so different from father. He has two bastards already at five and ten." They take ten guardsand hold the Baratheon banner above their heads.

As they ride he wonders about the Boltons and the men he sent to call them to war. Roose had married some Frey girl and his bastard had too. They had soon returned with their brides to the Dreadfort. When the ravens ordered them to war they had sealed themselves in. Roose would never throw away hundreds of years of peace between Starks and Boltons. As they ride in to the Westerlands Tywin and his guard meet them.

"Lord Tywin your daughter is accused of treason with your son Ser Jamie of the Kingsguard. Give them both to us and you will have peace." Eddard spoke. "Vicious lies. I will not give my heir so you can take his life for a crime he never commited. Lancel is the one who fathered her last two children but Joffery is the Kings heir. Take them two but not Jamie." The princess rode to meet Tywin. "T'was Jamie I saw mounting Cersei not that weasel Lancel."

Tywins face twisted in disgust. "Liar. They would never shame the family this way." "Shame comes easily to you Lannisters it seems." Eddard looked at the girl shock no one would dare speak to him like that. "How dare you insult my family name. I put your father on the throne." "No my father put himself on the throne and you bloodied that throne with the dragons blood." "You are an idiot to believe that they could have lived."

"Not as much as a fool as you. Your children fuck like rabbits beneath your nose and you don't notice. You are the fool, your disgraces of children prove this." Ned knew Tywin Lannister had never made a rash action in his life, provoking him won't work. "We will war." The simplest words with the harshest outcome, muttered by his own niece. "If you do not meet us we will seize Casterly Rock and put you to the sword." The both of them turn and walk away at the same time.

Walking back to Riverrun he felt disappointed by her. War could have been avoided. "He will meet us, he will not run or hole up in Casterly Rock. His pride demands it." "He may not run but he will use his gold to buy sellswords from the west." As they arrive in Riverrun he told Jon that war has been declared by her. Jon Arryn had tried to send her away back to Winterfell but she would never leave.