Chapter 4

Third Person POV

"You know how to cook?" Liam quirked an eyebrow when Bakugou took out a bunch of spices and the fraying pan.

"Yeah," Bakugou started chopping up a few carrots. "My mom taught me...." He drifted off thinking about his mom. He didn't really get to grieve at all for either of his parents. He wasn't sure whether or not it was healthy or not, but Bakugou was pretty sure it wasn't.

"Sorry," Liam apologized. "I didn't mean to bring her up."

"It's fine..." 

Time Skip

"This is so much better than the frozen pizzas!" A kid yelled when they tasted Bakugou's cooking. 

"Frozen pizzas?" He asked, looking at Liam who was rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. 

"Um, yeah. I don't really know how to cook." Bakugou had to refrain himself from slapping Liam upside the head right then and there.

"Are you serious."

"Uh, yeah?"

"I'm teaching you how to cook. You're sorry a-" He looked around at the little kids. "Your sorry butt needs it." Liam just laughed at Bakugou's attempt to not curse in front of the kids.

"Yeah," Liam laughed. 

Maybe this year won't be so bad.

Time Skip

It had been a few weeks since Bakugou and his sister had been sent to the Holly Hill Orphanage. It's been relatively peaceful. The only things that Bakugou needed to adjust to were his new sleep schedule and taking care of the kids. He actually became quite popular, for some reason, his attitude just made the kids like him more. If you asked me why I wouldn't able to give you an answer either. 

No emergencies have occurred when neither Liam nor Bakugou was 'home'. But, of course, all good things have to come to an end.

RING!

RING!

"Bakugou..." Mr. Aizawa rubbed his temples. It was the middle of homeroom, and they were about to go outside to train.

"What, hobo?" Bakugou spat.

"Watch your-"

"Iida," Mr. Aizawa looked at the blue-haired teen. "It's fine. Just, go. "

"Of course, sensei!" He bowed to an almost perfect 90-degree angle and left the room, followed by most of the class. The rest were just putting things back in the right place.

"Bakugou," He turned, expecting to see a scowling Bakugou, but to his surprise, his face was completely neutral. 

"Sorry, but I have to go." Bakugou grabbed a coat and ran out of the room. Mr. Aizawa was in shock, to say the least. The rest of the training period, the class saw that he wasn't really invested in it. It was like he shut down.

Eventually, it got to the point where Present Mic had to come in during lunch and ask what was going on.

"Okay, what's going on?" Present Mic asked, causing Mr. Aizawa to slightly jump. "You've been staring at that wall for the past ten minutes and according to your students, you weren't paying attention. Well, even less than usual."

"He said sorry," Mr. Aizawa said blankly. 

"What?"

"He said," He turned to face a confused Present Mic. "He said sorry."

"Who?" Present Mic was confused. Why would someone saying sorry mess him up this bad?

"Bakugou."