Chapter 16

Third Person POV

"Wh-What?" Bakugou's arm dropped to his side. 

"I guess I can say it this way. Can I adopt you and your sister?"

"A-Are you serious."

"This is not something to joke about." On the surface, Mr. Aizawa looked calm and composed, but deep down, he was a wreck.

What if he says no?

What if he hates me?

Am I even going to be a good dad for him?

Will he be Mic 2.0? 

Will I be able to handle that?

The man shook his head, no he was certain that he wanted this.

"I-I-,"

"It's fine if you don't have an answer." Mr. Aizawa said a bit too quickly.

"I-," Bakugou turned to Kirishima. He wasn't doing too well either. 

"Uh, I-," He took a breath. "I would love for you to be my new dad." Mr. Aizawa's eyes considerably brightened.

"That's great to hear," He handed the still dazed blonde a piece of paper.

"Just sign this and it's official."

"There." Bakugou signed the paper and gave it back to his teach-, dad. Walking away, the two stared ahead until Bakugou broke the silence when they exited the door to the building.

"Do you think I made the right choice?" The other stopped to think about it.

"I think that people might disagree, but if they are your real friends, they will understand and come around." Bakugou smiled.

"Thanks, Kirishima."

"That's what best friends are for!"

"Don't you mean boyfriends?" Bakugou smirked, pulling the redhead in for a small kiss on the lips before walking away.

"Right... boyfriends..."

With Bakugou

"LIAM!!"

"Huh?" The 16-year-old looked up from his desk.

"Woah, who died that made you this happy? Was it that Deku kid?"

"I wish, but nope!" Bakugou tossed his backpack onto his swivel chair and stood in the center of the room.

"Can it wait?" Liam asked. "I'm doing my homework."

"No, no it can not."

"Ugh, fine," Liam turned to look at Bakugou. 

"Spill."

"Okay, you remember my hobo-looking teacher?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Well, he asked me to stay after class today and-,"

"Did you get kicked out?" Liam raised an eyebrow.

"What?!" Bakugou looked at the other like they were crazy.

"No! I'm too fucking awsome for them to kick out."

"Uh huh, sure..."

"Whatever," 

Huh, Liam noted how Bakugou didn't threaten to blow him up when he made that comment.

This must be bigger than I thought.

"So..." The confused teen motioned for the blonde to continue.

"So, he asked to fucking adopt me!" Liam was stunned.

He asked to... adopt Bakugou...?

At first, he was estatic, then the reality hit Liam full force. The teen's expresion darkened.

"And what did you say?"

"Well, obviously I said yes." Bakugou glanced at his friend. 

"Isn't this great?" He asked, seeing the other's monotone face.

"Great?" Liam stood, his homework forgotten.

"GREAT?!" He glared at Bakugou.

"Woah, what the fuck dude? You should be happy for me."

"HAPPY FOR YOU?!"

"YES. HAPPY FOR ME!" Bakugou was getting angry.

"WHY SHOULD I BE FUCKING HAPPY THAT YOU'RE GETTING ADOPTED?!"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ARE THAT FUCKING SELFISH?!"

"OH, I'M THE SELFISH ONE?!" Liam shouted, his eyes were burning with fury.

"YES, YOU CAN'T BE FUCKING HAPPY FOR ME!! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF!!"

"AT LEAST I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CHOSE TO LEAVE ME!"

The silence was deafening.

"Liam..."

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU LEFT ME BEHIND!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING TO BE ADOPTED?!"

"I-," Liam plowed on.

"I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE I WAS 7 YEARS OLD!! I'VE GIVEN UP ON THE IDEA!! I WOULD'VE AT LEAST THOUGHT ABOUT OTHERS AND ACTUALLY CONSIDERED THEIR FEELINGS BEFORE  BEING A FUCKING SELF-CENTERED BITCH!!"

"Liam-,"

"YOU'RE LEAVING ME IN THIS HELL-HOLE WHILE YOU'RE LIVING YOUR BEST LIFE!"

"I trUsted you..." Warm tears flowed down Liam's cheeks.

"Liam, I didn't think-,"

"YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU DIDN'T THINK!!! YOU ONLY THOUGHT ABOUT YOURSELF!! WHAT ABOUT THE OTHERS?! YOU'RE LEAVING THEM, TOO!"

"I can't believe I thought you were my friend..."

The betrayed look on Liam's face pierced Bakugou's heart as the other ran out the door.

"WAIT!! Liam... I didn't-," The blonde was left, alone, in the now cold and empty room.

"I'm so sorry..."