Chapter 8

Third Person POV

"LUNCHTIME!" Bakugou shouted throughout the house. The laughter and pitter-patter of the children's feet echoed in the house. 

"Don't make a mess." Bakugou scolded, looking at a few kids in particular.

"You got it, Kat!" 

"Ok, Kit-Kat!" Bakugou just laughed, a sound foreign to the teenager's ears. The day just kept getting more and more surprising.

"Where's Liam?" One of the older kids asked, eating the pasta in front of her greedily.

"He's still at school. He'll come back later."

"Then why are you here?" The younger ones wore the most adorable confused faces ever. Bakugou ruffled their hair.

"I'm here on a field trip. But, I have to leave soon." Courses of 'aw' and 'why' sounded around the table.

Wow, The UA students thought. They must really like him.

"Hey," Bakugou chuckled. "I'll be back later. I still live here." The kids celebrated, but Bakugou's classmates stood off to the side, the guilt seeping back in, deeper than before.

"Are you guys just gonna stand there?"

"Huh?" Kirishima was shaken out of his own self-guilt. Bakugou rolled his eyes at his friend's stupidity.

"Are you just going to stand there like idiots, or are you going to get a plate and eat?" The class noticed the extra plates on the table for the first time. 

"U-Um-" Deku stumbled over his words.

"Just eat." Bakugou sighed, sitting down next to some of the younger kids.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Aizawa asked. "We don't want to interrupt anything."

"Just eat!" Bakugou said more forcefully.

"If you say so..." Mina carefully pulled on of the wooden chairs out and sat down, grabbing one of the metal forks and tasting the pasta. Her eyes lit up and immediately started scarfing down as much as she could.

"Woah!" Sero exclaimed. "Slow down! You're gonna choke!"

"It's so good!" Mina managed to say with her cheeks stuffed with food.

"Thanks," Bakugou wiped some tomato sauce off a toddler's chin. "I made it myself." The class stumbled again, Mina actually choked on her food this time.

"Wh-What?!"

"What?" Bakugou shrugged. "It's gonna get cold, ya know." Everyone recollected their bearings and scrambled to an empty seat. Once the first spoonful of food went into each of their mouths, their food was gone within minutes.

"That was delicious!" Momo wiped her mouth politely. 

"Thanks."

"When did you learn how to cook?!" Deku smiled brightly.

"Oh," Bakugou's tone dropped. "My mom taught me." He caught himself quickly and put on a fake smile. The memories from when his mom first taught him how to cook floated into his head, bringing small droplets into his eyes.

"Oh, sorry..." Deku apologized.

"It's fine," Bakugou brushed it off and started loading the empty plates into the sink. 

"Go wash your hands." Bakugou herded the kids into the bathroom then headed to the sink to wash the plates.

"Um," Hagakure shyly spoke up. "Question."

"Shoot."

"Why are you doing all this? I mean, shouldn't the person in charge, Mrs. Parker, be cleaning and cooking for the kids?" Bakugou sighed and put down the sponge.

"She doesn't do shit around here." The class's eyes widened for what felt like the millionth time that day.

"What do you mean?" Mr. Aizawa narrowed his eyes.

"I mean," Bakugou emphasized his words. "All she does is own the building, she only keeps us around for the money she gets from the government."

"How could she?!" Deku demanded.

"Don't ask me." Bakugou shrugged, drying off the last plate.

"We're done!" One of the little kids scrambled into the dining room, making a smile grace Bakugou's features once more. It was kind of surprising how quickly he went from being the mean and arrogant asshole that the class knew to a kind and lovable big brother.

"Good job, you guys can go outside to play. Kit-Kat just needs to talk to his classmates."

"Okay!" The kid left, Bakugou's eyes trailed him until he was out of his vision.

"Aw," The girls cooed.

"What?" 

"You're so nice to them!" Tsu exclaimed.

"Why can't you be like that with us?" Kaminari whined.

"You want to say that again?" Bakugou ignited his palms and a menacing grin spread across his face, nothing like the grins and small smiles they saw earlier.

"N-No thanks..." Kaminari shrunk back and hid behind Sero.

"Really, bro?" Sero looked at Kaminari disappointingly. 

"Hey!" Kaminari pouted. "It's better you than me."

"Oh, it's on!" Sero started chasing Kaminari, weaving through their classmates who were so confused about what they just witnessed.

"SHUT IT!" Bakugou yelled. The two skidded to a stop and gulped.

"Y-Yes?" 

"You two are too darn loud..." Bakugou murmured. "Let's just go outside." The two boys sighed in relief, only to slapped upside the head by both Jiro and Mr. Aizawa.

"Ow..." They both rubbed the back of their heads, following the rest of their class out the door.

"KIT-KAT!" The children yelled, sprinting over to him once they stepped outside.

"Hey, guys."

"Come play tag with us!" One of the girls who was earlier called Bakugou's sister dragged him towards a small group of both girls and boys.

"I'm coming, Sumi, I'm coming," Bakugou chuckled. The UA students all sat down on the small porch, watching who they thought was the most closed off and angry and stiff person in the world, actually turned out to be nice and caring.

"Who would've guessed?" Kirishima wondered aloud, looking at his friend chase the kids around the yard, laughing and smiling the whole time, looking so carefree.

"A soft Bakugou..."

~~~~~

Should I end it here? 

Or should I keep going?

But if I'm gonna keep writing this story, I'm going to need ideas, cause my brain is nonexistent.