The Infamous Bell Test

Sakura arrived at the designated training field and found she was all alone. She grumbled to herself about Kakashi's lateness and her stomach rumbled with her in agreement. What an idiotic request to not have breakfast. Surely a good, healthy and nutritious breakfast would be consumed by any elite ninja before setting off on a long arduous mission. Not only that but she had to get up at 4 this morning just to do her hair!

Sakura scanned the training grounds for any sign of her teammates, the solitude was beginning to intimidate her and she longed for company even that of Naruto. Suddenly her senses picked up on a familiar chakra, it was Sasuke! It was strange Sakura thought that his chakra was faint and coming from the training field on the far left past the forest. She was certain that Kakashi had told them to meet at the training ground in the centre, closest to the entry point.

Nevertheless the pink haired teen went off in search of Sasuke, perhaps she'd just made a mistake and they were all waiting for her. She quickened her pace not wanting to delay Sasuke and Naruto from this very important survival exercise. Cringing inwardly Sakura thought of another infamous Uchiha glare being shot in her direction.

As she neared closer to the training grounds she could hear the clash of kunai and the quiet instruction of Kakashi-sensei.

"That was alright. Remember Naruto keep your eyes on the opposing person's weak areas, you're flourishing your kunai around needlessly. Sasuke you need to harness your chakra better and spread it evenly throughout your body. Currently you're using too much of it on speed which although important is not necessary for close range combat" The familiar voice echoed.

Sakura stopped and hid behind some bushes, peering out into the training field. There were Kakashi, Sasuke and Naruto training without her! She watched the two boys nod and prepare to spar again.

Why would they have started training without her? Kakashi had said a 5am start but it Sasuke and Naruto looked exhausted which indicated they had been out here since at least 3am.

Sakura deliberated running out onto the field and announcing her presence, but that seemed at bit over dramatic. Maybe they hadn't been here since 3; maybe Sasuke and Naruto had put their differences aside and woke up at 4 to spar with each other? Maybe Kakashi sensei had only turned up in the last 5 minutes or so. With this reassurance Sakura walked across the field and waved.

"Ohayou Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura called and watched as Kakashi turned to look at her with complete disgust.

"Why are you here Sakura?" he asked in annoyance.

Sasuke and Naruto had stopped sparring and were standing next to their sensei looking at her with pity and arrogance. "What do you mean why am I here? I'm on this team!" Sakura half yelled, panic beginning to mount within her.

"Hn. Not anymore you're not. After that pathetic introduction you gave yesterday we went straight to the Hokage and requested you be transferred out of Team 7"Tears stung the corners of Sakura's eyes as she tried to process what Sasuke had said.

Transferred out of her squad? They hadn't even started training yet.

"W-what? No you can't do that!" Sakura yelled at him but Sasuke simply turned and walked away as did Kakashi.

"N-Naruto? Surely you don't think this is fair" Sakura asked, her voice wavering but Naruto glared at her.

"You're rude and selfish; all you care about is how you look. You'd be more than useless in a fight and you don't have any goals. You're just here for Sasuke" Naruto declared angrily and Sakura gaped at him.

"Besides we've already found your replacement" he finished as Sakura looked across the field to see a blonde haired girl standing next to Sasuke and Kakashi.