A New Sensei and The First Mission

"Well since you've all passed we begin our first official mission as squad seven two days from now. I'll see you all at the Hokage tower then. Remember to eat breakfast" Kakashi instructed before disappearing in a puff of white cloud.

The newly formed Team 7 walked together from the training grounds back to the village, Naruto on Sakura's left babbling away to her about how she should try ramen and Sasuke walked quietly beside her on her right.

Sakura was only half listening to Naruto, she was deep in thought about how she would achieve her new goal. When she'd announced her dream to become a top medical ninja her team's reactions were all different. Kakashi nodded his head in approval; Naruto was openly happy for her and proceeded to spray her with half-digested rice chunks as he yelled his congratulations with mouth full. Sasuke remained silent as always but Sakura thought she saw a look of confusion pass through his face but was gone just as quickly.

"SASUKE-TEME!"

Sakura was shaken out of her reprieve and found Naruto yelling at the empty space where Sasuke was.

"Sakura-chan, Sasuke just disappeared he didn't even say goodbye! Damn idiot!" Naruto whined.

Sakura simply chuckled "He does that if you haven't noticed... But even I have to agree it's creepy that we never hear him leave. He's just like Kakashi in that respect" she observed.

Naruto nodded and muttered something about Sasuke being too cool for everyone.

"Eh Sakura... so now that we're alone…" Naruto said with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle before receiving a large bump on the head.

"PERVERT! I'll see you tomorrow for the mission" Sakura said, annoyed.

She then headed for the inner most part of Konoha. The pink haired teen decided the best place to start looking for Tsunade was at the Hokage tower where every foreign visitor to the village was required to report.

I'd better keep my training with Tsunade a secret from the rest of my team. I don't want them to think I'm selfish, Sakura thought as she walked through the sliding doors into the air-conditioned lobby of the Hokage tower. She approached the receptionist nervously.

"Um hi I was wondering if anyone by the name of Tsunade had registered here this morning and if you could tell me where she might be now?" Sakura asked.

The female receptionist looked up and Sakura recognized her as one of the girls who bullied her during her time in the academy.

"Oh it's you giant Forehead girl. What the hell do you want?" Ami sneered. Sakura clenched her fists at the mean nickname her classmates had bestowed upon her.

"I wanted to know if someone named Tsuande checked in here this morning" Sakura said through gritted teeth.

"Look Forehead. I'm only taking this internship because my mother made me. If you think I'm helping you forget it! You're the same loser you were back at the academy. The only reason people pay attention to you is because you're on the same team as Uchiha Sasuke. Who by the way you'd never be good enough for" Ami said with conviction before turning her attention to an important looking business woman waiting at the counter.

"OH HELL NO! LET THAT BITCH HAVE IT! I'LL TOTALLY RIP HER TO PIECES! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE CAN DO ANY BETTER SHE FLUNKED OUT OF THE ACADEMY ANYWAY!" Inner Sakura blazed.

Sakura almost gave into temptation and let her inner self run rampant and kill Ami. But instead she decided to leave and head for home ignoring the stabling feeling in her heart.

Tsunade was more than a little angry as she stormed out of Konoha hospital. The incompetence of the staff was something to be marveled at. They hadn't shown her any respect and she'd exhausted most of her chakra healing patients because some of the nurses "didn't feel like wasting their chakra" The head medic was absolutely useless. Tsunade had to wonder what they would do if a whole load of ANBU came in critically injured.