Land of Snow

Naruto had never liked hospitals in general but the Intensive Care ward was something he never wanted to visit again unless he was a patient himself. At least the granny lady Tsunade had the sense to put his two teammates together in the same room so Naruto could sit between their two beds and watch over them carefully.

Sasuke was the first to wake up, he had come around the very next day after Naruto and Jiraiya had returned to the village. The pervert Sanin had postponed the training he had scheduled for Naruto and had made himself very happily acquainted with the bath houses in Konoha. Sasuke seemed defeated and didn't have much to say to Naruto, his mind continually played back the fight between Itachi and the sickening realisation that he wasn't enough. Looking over at Sakura's bed made that realisation all the more truthful.

They began to grow concerned when the days passed by and Sakura still hadn't woken. Hearing what Sakura had been through and how she had experienced the same thing he had, Kakashi worried the most. Sasuke had still not been permitted discharge from the hospital and a part of him was glad that he was able to keep watch over Sakura morning and night. But if some harm was to come to her what could he possibly do to protect her? His own teammate not even of the Uchiha clan was able to repel the tsukyomi, from what his father had told him the technique could only be repelled by an Uchiha.

"Oh hey there granny-chan!" Naruto exclaimed as Tsunade entered the room. By now it had almost been a week since the incident with Itachi and Kisame.

"Don't call me that unless you want a beating" Tsunade replied and walked past Naruto to examine the chart at the end of Sakura's bed.

"Has there been any change?" Kakashi asked looking up from his book.

"No she's the same" Tsunade said concern leaking into her voice.

"So you don't know when she'll wake up then?" Sasuke demanded feeling annoyed with the whole situation.

"No I don't. Like I've said before it's a self-induced coma. Sakura's mind has suffered a severe amount of trauma from the tsukyomi. It's trying to protect itself but I'm confident she'll wake I just don't know when" Tsunade snapped back.

"And when she does? Can the damage be repaired?" Kakashi asked quietly.

"From what Naruto has told me the attack on her mind didn't last long. I should be able to repair the damage to Sakura like I did for you Kakashi" Tsunade replied and put the chart down.

"There is a button next to her bed, if she wakes all you have to do is push it. It's connected to my office so I'll hear it first thing"

With that Tsunade left the room and Naruto clenched his fists in anger. "What so that was it? A few short words and she just leaves again!? She doesn't have any sympathy for Sakura at all!"

"Don't be stupid Naruto of course she does. Sakura works here Lady Tsunade promoted her to head nurse. She's just being professional. Now I have to go, there is a lot to discuss about security and the election of the Fifth Hokage and all Jounin need to be involved" Kakashi said and stood up.

"Wait sensei what if Sakura wakes up and you miss it!?" Naruto demanded unhappily.

"I'll be informed of any change by Lady Tsunade. Besides Sasuke is here with Sakura he'll keep good watch over her. I heard Jiraiya wanted to resume your postponed training today" Kakashi said.

"Alright it's about time that Pervy Sage figured out his priorities! But Sakura-chan I can't go while she's still like this" Naruto trailed off looking sadly at his teammate.

"Hn it's fine they won't let me leave for training anyway, somehow that blonde woman knows exactly when I'm going to leave and stops me. I'll be here with her" Sasuke said swallowing the resentment he felt.