Konoha Invasion

Sakura! Get up! Sasuke's curse mark is getting stronger and Naruto is fighting Gaara alone! You've got the strength just open your eyes!

But I need to rest my bones are broken and I can't help them now. The exhaustion is overwhelming I need rest

You have the chakra to heal yourself now get up and do it. The bones aren't broken their fractured! We have to get Sasuke to Tsunade. She can contact Kakashi, if we don't act soon who knows what that mark Orochimaru gave to him will do.

Sakura opened her eyes slowly at Inner's urging and saw Sasuke lying a few meters away from her staring upwards. Following his gaze Sakura's eyes widened at the sight of a giant toad covering the tree tops. It surprised her even more when she saw the familiar blond spiky hair of her teammate standing upon the great beast. Sakura looked anxiously around for Gaara and realised that the toad had to have been summoned for a reason. Seeing that the Sand demon Shukaku had fully manifested itself Sakura had her answer.

Naruto was able to summon that giant toad? The chakra that a summoning requires he must have had to rely on the Nine Tailed Fox, Sakura thought completely stunned.

"You're awake at last I see" Pakkun said and Sakura turned her head slightly, wincing in the process as she located the small dog sitting to her right.

"Sakura you're awake?" Sasuke asked shooting his head up quickly.

"Yeah I feel like I've been hit with a truck. What happened?" Channelling her chakra Sakura attempted to heal the fractured bone in her arm and green fractures in her leg.

Her chakra wasn't strong enough to fully heal the fracture and Sakura knew she'd need time to heal it properly but at least the painful ache seemed to dull. Sasuke gripped the back of his neck in pain ignoring the look Sakura and Pakkun exchanged.

"Naruto's up against Gaara alone. Hn I have no idea where the dobe learned that summoning jutsu but he's stronger" Sasuke explained with an edge to his voice when he mentioned Naruto's strength.

"We need to leave Sasuke. You need to see Kakashi-sensei about the curse mark because the seal has been broken. We should go to the hospital and from there try and contact him" Sakura stated and moved herself off from the tree trunk painfully.

"I've got it under control Sakura" Sasuke replied firmly.

"Really because you were supposed to control yourself enough not to break the seal Kakashi put on and yet here we are. Not to mention you're almost in the foetal position from the pain it's causing you" Sakura snapped back and Sasuke glared.

"It's none of your business. We have to stay for the dobe" Sasuke said trying to keep his voice even. Sakura looked at him doubtfully, were either of them any use to Naruto now?

"I think Naruto has the situation in hand. From where I'm sitting both of you need to get to the hospital for medical treatment" Pakkun interjected and Sasuke glared at him.

"Look out!" Sakura yelled and all three moved out of the way to dodge a huge ball of water that hit the ground hard spurting water everywhere.

"YAH! CHIEF TOAD I SAID AWAY FROM HERE! MY FRIENDS ARE DOWN THERE!" Naruto bellowed.

"Hey you scruffy dwarf I'm doing the best I can!" The giant toad called back before jumping off in the opposite direction.

He's stronger than me it's impossible but he is. How can I hope to get revenge on my brother when Naruto is fighting Gaara and I'm almost retching in pain, Sasuke thought angrily.

"You two should leave now. I'll stay here and watch the Uzumaki boy" Pakkun said.

"Right, let's go" Sakura said and hauled herself upright.