Chunin Exams Part 10

"Ah, Sakura's in danger. Don't worry Sakura I'll protect you, you can count on me" Naruto muttered, a red blush staining his cheeks as he rolled over in his sleep happily.

"Ugh, what a pain waking him up is going to be" Shikamaru sighed as he and Choji examined Naruto.

"I can kick him if you want?" Choji offered happily.

Sasuke and Sakura sat together quietly, waiting for Naruto to wake up. Sasuke had asked Sakura not to mention the cursed mark and Sakura had agreed. Sasuke had calmed down a bit but he was still quite weak as was Sakura. Team 7 needed time to rest and to recover.

Sakura let out a quiet sigh and Sasuke looked at her quickly. "Are you okay? Does something hurt?" he demanded.

"No I'm fine" Sakura lied.

Everything hurt after her fight with Zaku and Dosu. Not to mention the bruise Sasuke had caused was throbbing like crazy. Sasuke clearly felt awful for what he had done to her under the effects of the cursed mark. If she even flinched, Sasuke was drawn to her in an instant. Apparently his overprotective side had made an appearance; the Uchiha boy had made it clear to her that he would be there to protect her until she was able to heal herself.

Honestly, she was a little frustrated by these actions already but Sakura had the sense not to push it. She supposed this was his way of apologising even further for what had happened, Sakura just hoped it didn't become suffocating. She didn't want Sasuke treating her any different just because she was injured, they were all injured.

She knew if they could find somewhere to rest and recover, Sakura could heal her injuries and be able to help her team find an Earth Scroll and make it to the tower in the centre of the forest in time.

The Sound Ninja happened to have been carrying a Heaven Scroll as well so it was less than useless to Team 7. Sakura had already made up her mind about what she wanted to do with the Sound scroll.

Truthfully, she just wanted everything to go back to the way it was before Orochimaru had come and bitten Sasuke. But clearly that wasn't going to be the case.

"Hey! What about this" Choji asked as he waved a huge stick in Shikamaru's face.

"Hmph, fine but you have to be the one to hit him" Shikamaru decided, not wanting to get any more involved than he already was.

"GAHHHHHHHH!" Naruto yelled loudly and shot up. A huge lump was now forming on the top of his head from where Choji had hit him.

The loud boy quickly scanned his surroundings, he saw Sasuke and Sakura sitting together both looking very battered and bruised and that blonde Yamanaka girl carrying the bushy brow kid. Suddenly Naruto stiffened.

The grass ninja!

"EVERYBODY HIDE! That freaky snake lady, where could she be hiding!?" Naruto yelled out across the clearing.

Sasuke and Sakura exchanged glances, so he had finally woken up. Choji began poking the lump on Naruto's head with the stick he had used to deliver it.

"You're such a pain" Shikamaru said, annoyed at Naruto's outburst.

Naruto ignored him and instead zeroed in on his teammates. Sasuke looked the same as he had from the fight with the snake lady. But Sakura, whose skin had not received a single scratch, was battered, bloody and bruised.

"SAKURA-CHAN! SAKURA-CHAN!" Naruto yelled out as he sprinted towards his teammates.

"What is it Naruto?" Sakura asked, preparing herself for his onslaught of questions.