Land of Tea Part 3

"You need to be careful with Idate's leg Naruto and you can't be reckless" Sakura lectured as she and Sasuke helped secure Idate to Naruto's back.

"I know Sakura-chan you've told me a hundred times already!" Naruto whined and grunted slightly as his teammates stepped away and Naruto took the full weight of the runner on his back.

"It's because you're so thick dobe that she has to say it more than once" Sasuke shot back a little harsher than necessary causing Sakura and Naruto to exchange confused looks.

"I'd like to see you carry him!"

"Hn I'd never be stupid enough to volunteer"

"Enough the both of you! Naruto the point is your job is to guard Idate and make sure he gets to the shrine safely. Sasuke and I will take care of any threats. Sasuke I don't know what your problem is but you need to cut it out, someone has to make sure Idate gets to the shrine and Naruto volunteered" Sakura spoke up preventing any further bickering between her teammates.

"Hn whatever" Sasuke replied monotone and picked up his travel bag.

"Sasuke you can't just say 'whatever' and just expect us to put up with it. If something is bothering you then you need to actually tell us" Sakura said trying to remain calm.

"What I need to do isn't determined by you Sakura. The only thing any of us needs to do is complete this mission" Sasuke replied coldly.

"Fine if that's how you're going to act then I'm not going to ask you anymore. Naruto you probably need to go now if Idate's to have any chance in this race" Sakura said ignoring Sasuke.

Before Naruto could respond Sakura had vanished to take up her position in the treetops. Idate looked between Sasuke and Naruto before snorting with derision. "Man you two are the absolute worse!"

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" Naruto asked sensing the humour at his expense and craned his neck to try and glare at Idate causing him to almost topple forward.

"Hey watch it will you? I mean you two and women; it has to been seen to be believed that's for sure!" Idate exclaimed and began laughing loudly.

"Hn are you trying to get yourself killed?" Sasuke asked glaring at the runner. "And what about us and women!?" Naruto demanded shifting Idate's weight.

"You're both completely hopeless, Naruto you're just an unending stream of annoyance that would send any respectable lady running for the hills and this guy over here has the emotional depth of a teaspoon! It's just too funny!"

"Listen you idiot I happen to know for a fact there are hundreds of girls in the Leaf Village just dying to get a hold of Naruto Uzumaki believe it! I'm just way too busy working on becoming Hokage to date!" Naruto sputtered quickly.

"Clearly this guy's weight on your back is making you delusional dobe now get going" Sasuke sighed in frustration and followed Sakura.

"HEY DID HE JUST CALL ME FAT?"

"I'M NOT DELUSIONAL TEME ALL THE GIRLS WANT ME!"

"CHA! IF YOU TWO DON'T GET A MOVE ON I'M GOING TO COME DOWN THERE AND BEAT IT OUT OF YOU!"

"All clear down here Sakura-chan. You and Teme see anything up there?" Naruto asked his teammates through the radio mike wired to his collar.

"I can't sense any foreign chakra signals" Sakura replied through her microphone and adjusted the earpiece.

"Hn I stayed back a few metres to make sure we're not being followed. So far it looks clear" Sasuke's voiced crackled through.

"OH MAN!" Naruto yelled loudly through his microphone causing Sakura to wince in pain and pull out her earpiece.