Chapter 11 (Part 1)

Maddie's POV (after her dance show)

              "You did so good Rhaya!" I screamed while giving her a hug.

               "Not as good as you! Girl the way you ended the last dance was epic! Did you open up my present for you?"

               "Yes I can't wait to try the new turn board and clothes!"

              "Maddie can I talk to you," coach said.

              "Yeah of course. I'll see you next week okay?"

               "Sure enjoy your break!"

               I turned around to coach and asked him what he needed. "So I was wondering if you wanted to try pointe? I've seen the notes from ballet class and I've been paying attention to your technique and I think your ready. So what do you say, wanna try it?"

              Oh my god!!! I've been waiting for this news for so long!! Obviously I'm going to say yes!! "Yes!! Oh my god yes thank you so much!" I screamed while hugging him. He stiffened at first but then hugged me back while chuckling. "You should probably tell your dad this news." He's not my dad though,

            I quickly nodded my head and then ran off to find him. When I did he screamed, "there's my precious baby! You did so well!!"

          "Thank you!! Ooh guess what coach said. He said that I can start going on pointe now!!"

           "Really?! Oh my god I'm so proud of you!" He said while hugging me again. "You want to get some chick-fil-a or something else for dinner?"

           "Umm can we get panda instead?"

            "Of course we can peanut," he said while walking to the car. Why do I feel like something bad is about to happen? Is that normal? No? Ok I'll shut up. Onward to Panda we go!"

After Panda:

            "How was the dance show Maddie?" Grandma asked.

           "It went really well and coach said that I can start going on pointe now!"

          "That's so good Mad we're so proud of you!" Grandad exclaimed.

           "Ok it's time for bed kiddo," dad said while picking me up.

           "Ughhhh but I'm not tired." I said while yawning. Curse me and my tired self.

            "Uh huh that yawn says something else."

            I walked upstairs to my room and got myself ready for bed. When I got into bed I grabbed my necklace that I got from my real dad and mom. Alex doesn't know what it is because I usually keep a picture of just me in front of the real picture. Before I could put it back on he came in and tucked me goodnight.

             "I'm proud of you little one." Little one. My real family used to always call me that. God why am I so emotional now?

             "Umm, dad?" I asked while looking at him. "Umm do you know what happened to my real family?" I looked at him and saw his eyes darken a couple of shades.

              He quickly stood up and screamed, "YOU WILL STAY HERE WITH ME AND MY FAMILY FOREVER!! YOURE NEVER LEAVING EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!" After that he stormed out of my room.

              I curled up in a ball and heard shouting downstairs. I faintly heard Alex tell them not to come upstairs and that he was going in his office. I looked back at my necklace and took out the small picture of my mom and dad. I wish mom was still alive and I was still with my dad and brothers. I put it back on and decided to try and get some sleep.