Chapter 14

At the ball:

     We arrived 30 minutes later after we left which in my opinion is fashionably late but whatever. My dad and brothers got out first so they could keep me out of harms way and then dad put his hand out for me to take to help me get out which I gladly took.

    "Are you sure you want to do this?" Theo asked.

    "I mean yeah. If you think about it this was made for me so I can't back down now. Even if these shoes are killing me," I said while laughing.

     "Alright try and stay with either me your grandfather or your brothers ok?" I nodded my head and we started making our way inside. I immediately felt eyes on me everywhere and when I looked there was a bunch of men undressing me with their eyes and women glaring at me.

     We walked up to a lovely looking couple near the food and when we got there they smiled at us.

    "Ahhhh Mr. Blake I was wondering if you were going to show up," he said shaking his hand.

     "Well a certain someone took their time but she looks beautiful anyway," dad said while smiling at me.

    I rolled my eyes playfully and said," it's called being fashionably late dad."

    The man turned to me and looked me up and down before saying, "my my she looks just like her mother. Gorgeous and sassy." Hearing those two words come out of his mouth everyone moved in front of me and Mike pulled me to his chest. He put his hands up in a surrendering way and said, "alright alright I see, me and my wife are going to talk to Mr. Night. Welcome back Maddie." I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding and we  relaxed I little bit.

    "Me and your grandfather have to go talk to some people about business, stay with your brothers and I mean it," dad said while hugging me.

   "I know dad go talk about 'business.'" He shook his head and then headed off. I turned around but only saw Theo, Xander, and Xavier.

    "Where'd the other two go?"

    "Woman," is all they said before rolling their eyes. Of course.*eye roll*

    "May I steal this dance with the lovely lady," someone said. I turned around and was met with a dark eyes and dark hair with cute glasses man.

 I turned around and was met with a dark eyes and dark hair with cute glasses man

   "That would be a no Trent," Theo said while putting me behind him.

    "Aww come on Theo. I just want a dance with the lady. At least I'm not undressing her with my eyes unlike most of the men in here."

    I felt a presence behind me and when I turned around I saw all three of my bodyguards with their hands getting ready to take out their guns.

   "It's still a no Trent," Xander said through gritted teeth.