Chapter 18

Hiii sorry I haven't updated today, I was at dance since 9 this morning but I'm back!! This chapter is still the same day.

Mikes POV: (Ooooo a new POV)

   I'm such an idiot! I couldn't do anything to protect Maddie. I know boss said that he wasn't mad at me or Rodger, but I just can't help being mad at myself.

    I looked over at Rodger and could practically see that he was thinking the same thing.

   Boss came back down and motioned us to all come into the kitchen. When we got in and sat down he had a maid start a coffee. She walked over to the maker and started making the coffee.

   When she finished boss said, "give two mugs to Mike and Rodger." She nodded her head and gave us a cup.

   When she left boss sat forward in his chair and put his arms on the table. "Now you both are going to tell me why you guys feel guilty about this all being your fault and then I'll tell you MY reasoning on why it's not."

  "I feel like it's our fault because we couldn't hold them off quicker. We also couldn't protect your daughter, granddaughter, and sister. They were about to RAPE her and we wouldn't have been able to do anything because I was tied to a chair."

   "And I had a knife to my stomach and a gun to my face," Rodger said while looking down.

   I could tell that boss was hearing our side very carefully. "Is there anything else."

   I looked at Rodger and he said, "you chose us specifically for protecting your daughter. We know that if it was our daughter—"

  "But she's not your daughter. Remember that promise I made to her about not thinking that every bad thing that happens to Maddie that I wouldn't blame it on me? I think you guys need to do that with Maddie. In fact I think EVERYONE should do that both the gang and us. We can't protect her from everything. And as much as I wish that I could and just lock her in her room forever, I can't. I have to realize that she is going to have to make choices and so will I. Now yes I understand that I chose you guys to be her personal bodyguards but I'm not changing my mind on you two."

   I looked over at Rodger and he looked just as surprised as me. "Sir, may we ask why?"

  "Because I trust you two. I see the way she looks at you guys with respect. She looks up to you guys just as much as she looks up to me, her grandfather, and her brothers. You two are practically family. You guys help her with everything. And your there for her. That's all I care about and that's all I want. Now you two will promise to Maddie that you guys won't put any blame on yourselves for today and anything else in the future. Got it?"

  "Yes sir," we both said. He leaned back with a little smile on his face.

   "I don't know about y'all but.... I'm starving sooooo pizza? Again?" Tristan asked.

   Sebastian smacked his head and said, "god you always ruin special moments don't ya idiot!"

  "Ayy! I can't help it! Y'all are lucky you couldn't hear my stomach!"

   "Dad did you drop him on his head when he was a baby?" Xander asked.

   "No but he fell out of his crate more than he slept in it." We heard some cute giggles come from behind us. We turned around and saw Maddie there. She looked a little better but I could tell she was hungry.

   "Maddie, Mike and Rodger have something to say to you," boss said.

   She turned to us with a confused face. I patted my lap signaling for her to sit down.

   "So.. Maddie we talked your family about why we felt guilty and how we felt that we didn't deserve being your bodyguards so—" I did t get to finish because she stood up with a sad face.

    "YOURE LEAVING!?"

    I looked at Rodger and started to explain but she cut us off again. "NO! YOU CANT LEAVE NO ONE CAN REPLACE YOU GUYS! DAD HOW COULD YOU LET THEM LEAVE!? IM GOING TO BE SO AWKWARD WITH NEW GUARDS! YOU GUYS ARE NOT LEAVING!"

   We all looked at each other and then all of us started laughing.

   "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?! Did you guys not like me?" After she said that we stopped laughing and looked at her. I got up and hugged her.

    "No no no we love our job. We tried telling you that we were going to promise to not feel guilty if anything happens to you in the future or right now from what happened. We see you as our own daughter we love you." I felt Rodger come in the hug and we all just kind of stood there.

   "Sorry I guess I should have just let you guys finish before I blew up on you guys."

   I chuckled and told her she was good and kissed her forehead while pulling away.

   "Ummm Maddie are you on your......ladies day?" Tristan asked. Oh my god? Are we sure this is the right Tristan Blake. I looked at Maddie and her jaw dropped and her eyes were bulging out of her face. She asked over to him and kicked him in his shin.

    "WHAT THE HECK?! YOU DONT JUST SAY THAT TO A GIRL!"

   "Okay okay jeeze I'm sorry."

   She smirked and said good. She walked away and that's when he said, "imma take that as a yes."

   "You little crap!"

   I turned around and saw Maddie running back in and chase him around the house laughing. That's how the rest of the night went...... well not chasing people. Just being family.

—————————-

Awwwww I really liked this chapter!

Make sure to comment and vote!!☺️❤️